Dinner Date II (39)

Ever since I came and left the Monster Mansion last week, Toriel's words kept biting onto me. I wondered what to do and what the answer was. If the past month or two had been a blessing in disguise to broaden my horizons, figuring out that I had to change was the easy half.

After finishing my lessons with the head tutor, I pressed the same 7 keys to the beginning of the song that I'd been practising for a few days. I realised by now that I didn't have such a natural talent for the piano, but there are others who've practised to the point where they can play blindfolded, so learning this shouldn't be impossible, eventually. The girl who had walked into my view after teaching some others herself was Amelia, one who had decent talent at piano, but more importantly right now, was semi-cute. Processing the things I talked about in my head with others over however long made me want to ask her out right now, but even as I say that, it's always troubling. It's annoying, but it's also not so easy to figure out what it is that's troubling.

I stood up confidently whilst everyone remained busy packing up, looked at my watch and strolled over to her as she cleaned her desk.

"Hey." I opened.

She smiled, "Oh, hey! What's up?"

Like instant, I replied with a default. "So, wanna hang out and eat something?"

She laughed quite loudly, grabbing the attention of the class, too. "Oh right, you reminded me (Y/n)! What, do you want to try and join me and Chara's escapade, haha?"

"H- Hu-" An immediate shiver rippled through me.

She tilted her head a bit before laughing some more. "Oh yeah, she did mention that it should be a girls only thing, do you get sidelined often?" She poked fun.

"...Uh, yes, yeah, haha, She's a- What a tease. Haha." I pulled myself together. "C-Chara and you are hanging out, or something..? Um, where? If I could find out. Haha."

"Oh, we're only going to stroll around the park and chat a bit more after this morning. She said that you two don't cling to each other too much so I guess she didn't get to see and tell you."

Less confused now, but still unsure of what was going on, I pried further. "...Not yet, Amelia. What did you talk about in the morning exactly?"

"Don't try and hide it!" She slapped my arm lightly. "You've been praising me too much! She knew who I was when she saw me in the morning and thanked me for helping you with piano and all that. Chara is really nice, and so pretty! You're very lucky you know. We were interested in a few of the same things too so we're just going to hang out for a bit."

I nodded in understanding, but how... How did Chara know? Why? What! I'm not in trouble, am I!?

After saying my goodbyes, I left the club and started to walk home yieldingly. Oddly enough, after the initial reaction, I didn't seem too phased. Maybe something really is wrong with the way my mind works, the way I think about Chara... But... She must have her reasons, right? After we last met as well... Would she do something bad to me? Should I just tell myse-

And without paying attention to my surroundings... As I left the building door, something soft enveloped my hand, to my right where I was being pulled over ever so slightly, like history repeating itself, a warm smile, a slight blush, silky hair and bright red eyes that looked a little worn...

"(Y/n)..."

I found myself in a loose embrace with Chara in the corner of the school away from prying eyes. My mind still unsure of what on earth my life was, and still worn from all the thinking that I can't stop myself from going through, I found some salvation and motivation from the ever-familiar, chocolatey, flowery scent I came to naturally get used to.