Sparkle (7)

Your POV

I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my waist, as I ran my hands through my hair. Now that Chara is starting to live here, it dawned on me how exposed the bathroom really is. The shower guard is transparent so that you can view the mirror on the opposite wall in order to see where you're washing; which hasn't been a problem until the lock broke a few weeks back. Even then, my parents wouldn't just walk in on me so I didn't really worry... Now that a teenage girl with invisibility powers is in the mix I was being slightly more cautious of people taking a peek. The door didn't open, however, which I had mixed feelings about: but I quickly snapped out of it. Damn, that's two incidents in a day - This is causing more trouble than I thought.

I walked into my room briskly, closing the door behind myself until, "Huh? CHARA!" I ran over to the intrigued girl who was sitting by the computer, clutching my towel with one hand, as I turned off the plug.

"What's the matter?" She asked as she stood up.

"You should really ask before inviting yourself into someone's room, you know?"

She looked downwards in embarrassment, "Sorry... but I mean what's so bad about your computer?"

I faltered for a second and replied, "Well it is my computer after all. There could be private stuff on it, you know."

Chara blushed, slightly covering her mouth with one hand. "Oh, right! I understand that boys have urges you know..."

I widened my eyes as Chara burst into laughter, "CHARA! It's not like that! Can you just leave already!?"

She tried to calm herself down as she got up and walked to the door. "Took me out of the underground and now you're kicking me out, huh?" She closed the door fully as I got up and took out the hairdryer, sighing heavily. I think I should've thought of this plan a lot more thoroughly.

~

I was sitting on my bed, playing with my phone when I heard a knock at the door.

"Hey (Y/n), may I come in?"

"Sure." I replied. My plug was still out. The door knob turned halfway and stopped, at which point I squinted at the sudden silence.

I got up to open the door but suddenly she burst through, slamming it behind her. "Are you ok?" I asked a horrified Chara who started gesturing towards the front door. I got the memo and instinctively grabbed the nearest thing I saw, an umbrella, as I opened the door slowly - peeking my head around to see who was there.

"Hi honey! We're home!"

"Oh, mom, dad! Uh, hey!" I walked briskly towards my parents who were accompanied by someone else.

"(Y/n), meet my colleague, Anne, who was in hospital for the past few days! And get rid the umbrella it's not raining in here." I quickly chucked the umbrella to the side as I greeted Anne happily. "Anne will be staying with us for a few days in the guest room."

I smiled, "Sounds great! I'm just gonna head over to my room."

"Alright then! I'll make some dinner for you meanwhile."

I walked back over to my room and closed the door behind me.

"So they're your..."

"Parents, yep. And a Plus 1." I finished her sentence for her. She stretched herself out across the bed. "Um, I suppose you don't want to meet them anytime soon, huh?"

She looked down at me as she still laid on her back. "I doubt it's a good time to show myself with their friend here." I plopped myself down by my pillow, quite content that she wasn't straight up killing the chance for her to meet anyone, especially my parents. Wait, why am I so eager for her to meet them anyway?