Friends (37)

Hello and welcome back to the story!

It's embarrassing because I keep doing authors notes like this 'recently', so let me do my best to stop that. For now, though. I wasn't able to update for a very, very long time because of yes, certain things in my life. Don't worry, nothing terribly bad has occurred at all, in fact some things are even good, but I was just unable to do a lot for a long while. I'm the same as ever though, and, I hope you are all still the same, in that your varying passions for the story will quickly come back.

Well, let me come back to you at the end.

Enjoy!
_______________________________

"Bye (Y/n)!"

"See you next week!"

I smiled happily as I waved off some other members of the orchestra, including Amelia who had just finished teaching me some things, and began teaching a few younger kids, too. It had been weeks since I felt as fulfilled as I had today. Hanging out with Angel and Hossam was really plenty of socialising for me, and even Frisk had time for me in these busy weeks. An exam quiz came back with my answers earlier, and they were higher than they've ever been for a while - probably because I had little else to do than actually pay attention in class. Weather was nice, too. I did just fine in music today, and I was already on my way to the athletics club to train with Hossam. It was a good day looking back on it, for sure.

~

A group of us had been doing some interval training before we split up and were able to do our own thing. It was going well so far, but a better part of the reason as to why I came was for Hossam himself, since I wanted to ask him some more about things.

"So hey, why Angel?" I opened up. "I'm sure she's a lot of fun, but like, what was it in the beginning that really made you go for her?"

He chuckled, rubbing the back of his head. "She was the one to ask me out, actually. And yeah! She's super fun. She really is great, just happy and carefree. Kinda ditsy, right? I don't mind that at all though, because she's super cute." He let out a deep sigh. "She's refreshing."

His passionate smile there was something to admire. "Refreshing?" I furthered the question.

He nodded enthusiastically. "No drama, no worries. There's no figuring out how she works or something, at least it seems to me. It's just a solid relationship right now."

"Hm! No baggage..." I get that. We set pace for a jog around the track.

Thinking to myself for a little bit, I soon shook my head. "She's not your first girlfriend, is she?"

There was a small pause as he smiled helplessly into the air. "No."

"You've had a few?"

He frowned, shaking his head quickly. "One. When I was about 13?" Though his tone seemed to waver as he pondered for a bit. "It'd be a lie to say I haven't dabbled with other girls though, if you know what I mean."

"Um, how did it go?" I asked him boldly, since he didn't strike me as someone who would've cared to only brush on the surface of things. "You must get your relationship wisdom from somewhere."

"Ha." He looked over. "Well, you don't strike me as someone who'd mind if I rambled for a bit, so I suppose I can tell you."

I tripped slightly.

"Well," he began, "there was this club to do with English, see I wasn't the best at it, but I wasn't bad either. Not at all! They forced me into it, though. I met her there. If you're wondering what went wrong..." He clicked his fingers, "That's the catch! It was just fine - pretty good actually. Yeah, we got along well. I felt like her and I had a lot in common, like we just clicked, and you know, my friends said that she wasn't too hot in an immature way, but I thought she was pretty pretty. The more I looked at her the prettier she got, too. Faye."