Questions (12)

The atmosphere was lively, but professional at the same time, in a way. We were all 16/17 here, so it should be mature enough. Plenty of fools of course, naturally, but I think Chara would've expected that anyway. A few of the students started to stare at her as we made our way to a pair of seats at the back of the class, but it didn't look like she made any attempt to look back.

I thought we would've been late, I wonder where the teacher is?

"Hey (Y/n), who else is in this class? Or year?" Chara asked.

I hesitated to answer. "...Um, well-"

"Gooood morning, you horrible lot! How are you all doing?"

Everyone made a bunch of noise as soon as the teacher walked in, some people even breaking into small rants about their holiday adventures and how quickly it went by. We eventually got into our seats and readied ourselves as our names were called out one by one on the register.

"Anisha? Here. Troy? Here! (Y/n)? Here sir. And... the new girl!" The teacher searched the room, eventually laying his eyes on the quiet girl besides me. "Ah, you must be Chara! Did I say that the right way?"

She looked around at everyone shyly, which I couldn't help but smile at. "Um, I don't mind how you pronounce it."

"Well I'm Mr. Krueger! Your tutor from now on, it's great to meet you!

RING RING

"Uh, hey! Who's phone is that?"

"Sir, that's the intercom."

The whole class let out a quiet laugh apart from a straight-faced Chara. She seemed curious about the way everything worked, and I'm probably gonna spend a lot of time explaining stuff to her.

"Hello? Oh, hello sir. Yes sir, he is in here, what's wrong?"

All the boys geared their heads to the front with a mischievous smile as they wondered what was going on.

"Well that shouldn't be a problem, I'll send him right away."

I sniggered to Chara, "First day and someone's already screwed."

"(Y/n), the principal wants you at his office."

"Ahhhh R.I.P!"

"On the first day as well!"

"Since when were you the troublemaker?"

The whole class turned their heads as I stayed still in confusion - even the teacher looked bemused.

"Screwed, huh?"

I straightened my chair in an attempt to understand what happened. "Um, sir? Am I in trouble for something?"

He shrugged, "I'm honestly not sure, he sounded neither angry nor happy."

"But-"

"Just go and sort it out before you get into more trouble."

I quietly kissed my teeth as I got up and grabbed my stuff.

"Wait (Y/n), when are you coming back?"

I was surprised as I turned to Chara, who looked visibly concerned. "I'm not sure, it shouldn't be too long - it's probably just about making sure you're fitting in or something. I'll be back by the end, k?"

"Okay."

I left the class and made my way to the Principal's Office. This better not be a waste of time. What could I possibly be in trouble for?