Hangover (17)

I woke up peacefully in the same position as last night, with one hand dug into the sleeping girl's hair. I would've smiled if it wasn't for the faint stench of alcohol hitting my face every time she breathed out, so instead, I just turned my head uncomfortably and lay there for a while more.

My head continued to spin slightly, and I wasn't the one raving till 1 in the morning, so I tried to man up a little. I slowly lifted her arm from my side and successfully rolled out of the bed as silently as possible. Don't drunk people get hangovers? I've never been drunk before, and although I've always wondered what it would be like to giggle relentlessly as I trip over everything around me, it wouldn't be helpful to have two people throwing up around the house in regret.

I assumed that Chara would be out for at least an hour or few longer, considering I had a nap before our inconvenience occurred. I made my way to the kitchen with a skip and drew the curtains, letting the sunlight blind the kitchen. She's going to be a grumpy girl when she wakes up, and an aura of happiness would be sure to raise her spirits! No... It'd just make her grumpier. I left the curtains closed.

I whipped out my phone and decided to search up 'How to deal with a drunk girl'. I had to thank Wikihow for helping me once more. Firstly, 'do not leave the person to sleep alone, otherwise they may choke to death on their vomit'.

"Uh oh." I rushed back to my room unnecessarily and found her sleeping as she was, thanking the universe rather that she didn't end up vomiting on me. I decided to set up a mirror by the door, which reflected back into the kitchen, and made sure that that would do.

Most of the stuff on the guide was for people who had passed out in the middle of the street, so I skipped ahead to the next section. Next, I was supposed to 'give them a fresh new set of clothes'. I took one look at Chara and knew that wouldn't go well. Well I was about to see it all, right? I slapped myself pitifully, that's a dumb thought. She was barely wearing anything anyway, just her normal sports bra and shorts, then I figured she must've been cold the whole night. I took a fresh shirt and a sweatpant from my wardrobe and carefully eased her into them, trying not to wake her up. She suddenly groaned as she shifted position halfway through fitting into her shirt, but I was still able to put it on. I flinched as I stood up, finding Chara clinging onto my sleeve in her sleep. Maybe I was the one who kept her warm through the night?

I sat on the bed for a while longer and scrolled through my phone again. Next, 'feed them something with high protein and healthy fat'. The most fancy looking thing on the list of what to eat was Miso soup, and I remembered that my mum bought a surplus of ingredients the other week because it's her favourite. I reluctantly headed back to the kitchen and rummaged for all of the ingredients, placing them in an orderly fashion along the table. I searched up a simple recipe and began cooking.

~

"But... Would you stay with me Linda?"

"Oh Johnny! I'd take a bullet for you!"

I was lazing on the sofa for a few minutes, waiting for the soup to finish simmering. The natural light was struggling to get through the curtains, as I let a random romance film play on the TV. I woke up in such excitement this morning that I never took the time to think about last night logically. My heart's still beating from what happened, and I'm still shocked that something like this actually happened to me in real life. I couldn't stop myself smiling whenever I thought about it, and I mean, I know that Chara had an emotional breakdown and everything, but I was glad that she had one in front of me... Because I knew that I wouldn't ever let her down!

"I never knew you were into soppy romances from the 80s."

I sat up awkwardly, "Chara! Well, I bet there's more to me you'll find out~"