Impressions (11)

Hi everyone! It's 2am, so my night is going great haha, and it's been a while, hasn't it? Sorry! Stuff kinda piles up after a while...

I won't keep you too long, but this chapter came up to 3000 words, and I learnt my lesson from before haha, so I added more detail, turning it into 4000 words and split it into two chapters. Chapter 11 will continue right off the end, and I'll upload that tomorrow night - consider it a Christmas present! Anyways, I want to say thank you to everyone who reads my story, I love you all, and as always, I hope you enjoy!
________________________________

It's 8am. We're late. I'm cooking Chara's favourite pancakes - I added some Nutella of course, so we're doing just about okay.

"(Y/N)! My shoes! Where are they?!?!"

"I don't know, CHARA, you're the one who insisted that you could put everything away yourself last night!"

"That's because I have too much pride, (Y/n), you're supposed to help me anyways!"

It's the first day back from the holidays, and Chara's first day at school in general. I wondered how she'll fare, huffing as I picked up the neatly positioned, black heels by the entrance. Homework is manageable, waking up every morning will be an interesting feat for her to accomplish, but all the faces of her... 'friends'... what will that do to her?

"Here."

"Ohhhhhh, so you did find my shoes, then!" She purred with a sarcastic overtone. "I'd call you a lifesaver but I'm not really into that kinda thing."

I watched her with a smile as she gracelessly fit them on. She's more closed-off than when we first met - yet I actually feel like that's a good thing. I feel like she's trying to put her past behind her, and actually start brand new, and I admire that determination. Just like I admire Frisk's, and the others. Nowadays, though, I barely learn anything else about her - definitely not anywhere near as much as I learned when I first met her. In fact, I get a little excited when I do learn something, even then, I hear it from her quiet mumbles, mumbles that I'm sure are meant solely for her own thoughts. The only reason I think she even told me about all of her background and stuff was because she thought we'd never get this far. Hell, did I even know if I was going to get this far?

"Okay, I'm ready!"

"Are you ready, ready?" I asked.

She let out a soft smile as she brushed against my arm. "Who knows? We'll just see how it goes. Let it flow, no?"

I sniggered, "Okay, but I mean if you don't feel alri-"

"Yeah yeah, I'll report back and whatever." I followed her as she happily skipped down the corridor, picking up our bags along the way.

She stopped abruptly and faced me with a smirk. "Wanna race?"

I squinted at her playful attitude, "There's a time and a place for everything... but maybe just this time. Last one there's a sore loser!"

I ran out the door with a huge grin as I heard the girl's footsteps follow right behind me.

"Oh really, bring it!"

~

We calmed down as we approached school and fixed ourselves up. Over half the students seemed to already be chilling in the courtyard - it was mostly the younger years running around. We stood at the gate and took in the liveliness of the atmosphere before us, and it was honestly refreshing. The past month or so has been kinda crazy honestly, how much worse could it get in school?

"(Y/n)." I responded to the tug on my shoulder, looking over to where she was staring. "That's them, isn't it?"

I smiled dearly and held Chara on the side of both her arms. "You're ready to see them, right?"