Steam (21)

As Chara booked us all a table, I excused myself to the bathroom where I wasted no time, splashing myself with the cool tap water to calm myself down. I winced. Only pictures of Chara flooded through my mind, and most of those pictures were not the type you'd show your parents. I can't help it, I really am perverted, aren't I? Just tonight, I am. It felt so awkward to even think about it. I'm sure that girl is awakening some sort of desire in me. It must be her hidden power. "Okay, (Y/n), get it together." I said, slapping myself without realising that someone was in here with me. They quietly exited the bathroom after what they just witnessed, and I decided to continue. "You do NOT belong to Chara, Chara belongs to you!" I cringed. "Alright, Chara belongs to herself, but I too, belong to myself!" I cringed once more - who am I kidding. "Okay. Get through dinner, and make-out with Chara all night at home!" Yes! That was almost the original plan, with slight compromises here and there.

I exited the bathroom and scanned the area, looking for the small round table that the rest of my friends should've sat down at already. There in the middle, sure enough, was Undyne sat next to Chara, who didn't stop smirking at me, and Alphys, with a seat left empty next to her. I admired the place as I walked over. It beamed elegance and luxury: The walls were adorned in a silky red wallpaper, with shaded patterns to go with it, and the atmosphere was dim and quiet, very romantic. As soon as I sat down, we all picked up the menu and surveyed the elegant writing to find something we'd like. I couldn't choose, so I went with the cheapest option, some prawns along with something French, I presumed from the font they used.

"Waiter!" Called Chara, she was acting surprisingly sophisticated. "Our company is ready!"

"Uh, Red? Are you changing your voice?"

"What?! No, of course not!" She replied with an upper accent.

~

Even after ordering, Alphys had her head buried in the menu. The waiter offered to take it for her, but she insisted that she liked to read. At Chara's command, Undyne spoke up.

"So, uh, you look very nice in that dress."

"T-T-T-T-Thanks."

Chara nudged my leg under the table, leading me to then nudge and whisper some advice to Alphys.

"R-Right, Undyne you look a-amazing, too."

The two of them smiled timidly, but I paid more attention to Chara. She frowned at their interactions, and smirked again at me. "My shoes are so tight, I need to take them off." She sighed.

I turned back to the other couple and decided to forward things. "You know what guys, let's forget formalities, the reason we're all here is because of you two."

They both looked down to their feet, knowing it was true. "Undyne, I know you want this relationship to work, so you need to hear Alphys out! What good is a relationship if you-Ahhh." I trailed off my words and looked again at Chara.

"Carry on, (Y/n)." She rubbed her feet softly up and down the sides of my ankle, and pretended that everything up top was normal. I squinted at her, wanting to know what exactly she was trying to do. If the table cloth didn't span all the way down to the floor, I'd have turned ten times redder than I already was.

"Uh, um, yeah, so just... Go ahead Alphys! No time to waste!"

"What, o-oh, okay, w-well..."

The demon leaned forward, resting her chin carelessly on the palm of her hands, before licking her lips. She moved her foot straight up my calves and stopped on my knee, drawing a circle with one of her toes. I squirmed at her ticklish touch and grabbed her foot playfully, even if I was annoyed, and she squirmed childishly, too. She giggled as she tried to break free, we were lost in our own world while the two girls next to us were having a heart wrenching conversation about their deep character flaws.