Spirit of The Great Kings

Heri

"How am I going to do this?" I whisper to myself.

A shining bright light glows down on my light peach-ish fur.

"Heri..." said a deep voice.

I twitch my ears. "Huh?"

I sit halfway up looking at the sky. Clouds form together and the light shines even brighter. A lion's head appears and he has a big red mane.

I recognize the face and my emerald eyes had grown wide. "G-Grandpa?"

"Yes, hello grandson. Wow, you look so much like your father. I heard you need guidance..." the ghost head smiles. It is Simba my grandfather.

"Yes. Can you help me?" I ask, excitedly.

"Depends on what it is exactly..."

"Okay. It's going to be a long story just to warn you."

Grandpa chuckles, "Don't worry, I have all the time."

I told Grandpa Simba about my life growing up with the hyenas and being trained as a future King to kill a King (my father supposedly), so the hyena matriarch could later get her revenge.

I was very blind sided indeed. How stupid?! I shake my head with embarrassment after ending my story.

"Its okay, Heri." Said Grandpa. "Accidents happen. It is not your fault. You can't blame yourself for what had happened in the past. It's behind you now. You must move forward and start out a new future."

I lay back down again and look away sadly feeling very guilty. "It is my fault. If I had killed my father, then I would've been called a murder. What would my mother think of me? A traitor! In fact I am one. I sided with the hyenas who all along wanted to take over the Pride Lands as their new home. I was helping them Grandpa, the enemy! I feel so stupid..."

"Oh Heri..."

I begin to cry. I am so lost, I don't know what to do or where to turn. I am a monster. Let alone, a killer! How can you possibly change from that?

"It was just a mistake. You didn't know like you had said. Now it's time to turn around. Make the negative to a positive. You are much more Heri. I can see your future already. This is only just the beginning. You have to make the choice if you want to start over and become a better lion. Follow the right path..."

I sniff. "But what if my parents don't accept me?"

Grandpa nodded his giant ghost head. "They will. You are their son Heri. Let alone, their first born and original future King. They still love you..."

"Future King? Puh! You might as well throw that term away. Like I've told that mandrill Amwa, I'm not future King anymore. Maybe I was going to be...but that was a long time ago. My brother is now. Him and his wife got married today it's already set official. I just have to accept that. Like you've said Grandpa, time changes. This is not my time."

Grandpa sighs. "Heri, let me tell you a story."

I nod without a word.