A Situation

Bahiya

Clouds dominate the morning sky leaving transitory patches of blue. Though they are mostly white there is a hint of greyness, a suggestion that rain may play a part in the day to come.

Makosa and I are on our way back home to Pride Rock. There's not much further to go. The honeymoon was very fun and relaxing. It felt good to finally have a break away from our royal duties. I wonder how things are going while we were gone?

"You're ready to go back to work, Bahiya?" Makosa asks, grinning.

I run next to his right side through the grasslands. "Not really. But it is what it is. I can't wait to see my mom. I know she missed me!"

"Yeah, I can't wait to see my parents too. My mother is probably worried sick. Which I don't understand why would she. We have each other!"

I chuckle. "Makosa, that's what mothers do. They worry and care for their children. Especially a mama's boy."

"Hey!"

I laugh as we run closer to Pride Rock. When we arrive, I see Auni and Maha laying on the rocks gossiping. They didn't see us coming until Makosa had yelled their names.

"Auni, Maha!"

They turn their heads and smile wide at us.

"Your back!" Said Maha. She jumps off the rock and pounce on her nephew Makosa playfully.

"Hey Maha! I missed you too." He laughs. "Where's my parents?"

"They've went to Amwa's tree for something. They wouldn't tell anyone why. Kion is in charge of the Pride until they return whenever that is."

I hug my best friend Auni. We share a sisterly nuzzle and purr.

"Man, I was so bored without you here Bahiya!" Said Auni, smiling. "How did the honeymoon go?"

I nod. "Great! It was nice to relax away from my future Queen lessons for a few days. Why would you be bored? You had Hashaan as company."

I smirk after saying Hashaan's name. Auni's cheeks turned a deep red. I laugh finding it super cute.

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah, as a friend. We're just friends Bahiya and that's all to it. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready to have a boyfriend..."

"I understand, my friend. Just know that if you two ever do become a couple, I'll be that one friend who's rooting in the background screaming heck yes!"

We both laugh at the thought.

"Honey, I'm going to go find and speak with my Uncle Kion." Said Makosa, stepping up while interrupting our conversation. "See you later?"

I nod and rub my nose up against his own. "Yeah, sure. Go ahead! I'm going to go find my mom anyways and let her know that I'm home."

"Good."

With that, Makosa left walking up Pride Rock to find Kion. Auni and Maha walked me over to where the lionesses are hanging out in the grasses.