Baby Sitting

Maha

Morning...

The sun entered its bright rays inside the cave announcing a brand new day. I open my teal colored eyes with a yawn.

"Good morning, beautiful!" A voice greets me.

I tilt my head up and see Rudo standing in front of me. He smiles and rub his head up against my own affectionately.

"Oh, good morning! I wasn't expecting you to come this early Rudo." I say, surprised.

"Yeah, I know. I did say afternoon right? Well, your sister told me that it was alright for me to come inside the cave and see if your awake."

I stand up with a stretch and smile. "Its okay, I'm glad your here. Now we can spend the whole day together. I don't think my brother needs me to babysit my nieces or my sister needing for me to join her on her Queen duties. Today should be a free day for me. I hope nothing comes up."

Rudo chuckles. "If something does come up Maha, then it'll be okay. There's always tomorrow right?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to see you today."

I step closer to him and place my head underneath his chin purring. I guess you guys can say that Rudo and I are dating officially. We've known each other for a good long while and have grown extremely close every since. He makes me so happy and crazy as it sounds, each time that I am around him I get butterflies inside.

"Alright break it up there you two."

I step away from Rudo and see my brother Kion come forward. Rudo's cheeks turn a deep red while I rolled my eyes with annoyance.

"Kion, what do you want? I thought you were gone on early morning patrol already?" I ask.

"No. I had to stay home with my family." Kion replied. " I'm about to leave now. I was wondering Maha if you mind watching the cubs? Aala went hunting with the hunting party and should be back shortly. I don't want the cubs alone unsupervised."

I look at Rudo. He shrug his shoulders and sat down between Kion and I.

"It's okay Maha, I don't mind. They're just cubs. How hard can it be?" Rudo said, smiling.

Kion grins, "Rudo, you've babysat before?"

"Yes, my foster siblings a lot. My foster mother would leave us home alone most of the day."

"Hmm. Well, my twin daughters can be a handful at times. Maha here can tell you all about them. I have to go and meet up with my guard team now. I will tell the cubs to come up to the cave. Thanks little sis!"

With that, Kion turned around and exited the cave.

I sigh shaking my head. "I should have known today wouldn't of been a free day."

"Relax Maha, we still have the rest of the day. It's only morning!" Said Rudo, while nuzzling me.

"I know."

Two cubs run inside the cave. It's Kion and Aala's twin daughters Adia and Chauna. They hug my furry legs with happy smiles.

"Hi, Aunt Maha!" The sisters greet.

"Good morning little ones!" I smile, while hugging them also. "Your father ask for me to watch you both until your mother comes back home from her hunt."