Goodbyes

Aiysha

Morning have arrived. It is time for my family to leave the Pride Lands and return home. We better travel quickly before it rains. The sky is grey and more clouds are forming together.

We stand in front of the pride's large cavern. Uncle Kovu and Aunt Kiara emerge out with smiles.

My mother steps up. Her eyes are now sadden. "Well, I guess this is a goodbye."

Uncle Kovu hugs his big sister tight. He sheds a tear, but still continues to smile. Mother will miss her young brother.

"Goodbye Tani. Please, come back and visit soon! You and your family are welcome any time." Said Uncle Kovu.

Uncle Kovu steps back and let Aunt Kiara hug mother.

She nodded, "Yeah! Our pride is yours. It was nice seeing you again Vitani after all these years. You have a very beautiful family."

Mother smiles. "Thank you, Kiara. You and my brother have a beautiful family as well. I'm really glad that Heri is back alive. I know it means so much to you both."

Father step up and shakes his paw with both Uncle Kovu and Aunt Kiara. "Thank you for allowing my family to stay. We appreciate everything!"

"No problem." Uncle Kovu nodded. "And thank you Kopa for taking care of my sister."

Father smiles at Uncle Kovu. They wave goodbye at us as we leave walking down Pride Rock.

Sahel as usual rides on my back. Hashaan walks along my right side. Mother and father walk ahead of us leading the way back home. This is going to be another long travel.

I thought about my brother and Auni. I wonder how things went with them today's morning. Did they even say goodbye to each other?

"Hey Hashaan, have you and Auni spoke yet this morning?" I ask, curiously.

Hashaan nodded. "Yeah we spoke last night actually. It was good. Today's morning she hugged me and said goodbye before she went to go hunt breakfast with the hunting party."

"That's good! I told you she will come around. So are you two staying as friends?"

"Yeah, its for the best that we do Aiysha. Besides she seems to be warming up more with our cousin Heri anyway. I see how close they are..."

Hashaan I notice looks a bit sad as he lower his ears. He look down at his paws.

I bump my side against his own and smile. "Don't worry, things will get better. You'll find someone new! Right now, you need a break and spend sometime by yourself for a while."

"You're right..."

"Aren't I always?"

Hashaan smirks. "No!"

I laugh. I'm proud of my brother though. I know this won't be easy for him getting over Auni. But soon, he will find his own upendi and so will I.

The boom rolled across the Savannah, announcing the start of what the brooding cloud layer had promised since dawn. The boughs of the trees swayed in the strengthening gust, surrendering their fall leaves without a fight. Then came the first drops of rain.