Honeymoon

Makosa

Author's Note: Hey guys, Skyy15 here! I am on the roll with these updates as you can see. I CANT STOP WRITING LOL! Soooo I've decided to add some special music to this chapter 😄. Everyone knows Simba and Nala's love song "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" and Kovu and Kiara's love song "Love Will Find A Way".

So here is Makosa and Bahiya's love song by John Troutman. It sounds so beautiful! ❤️ Please listen to it while reading the chapter. You now may read and enjoy ☺️.
*
*
*
*

I can't believe it. Bahiya and I are finally married. I am married to my childhood best friend. The one who's been supporting me since day one, even before I was announced the future King.

We had just left Pride Rock and now running across the plains. It is our honeymoon time. We won't return back home to the Pride Lands for a few days. Mother and father both will have everything under control. So they shouldn't need our help.

I look at Bahiya while running beside her. I smile admiring her beauty. She caught me staring and giggled. We are almost to our honeymoon spot. I am following the direction Amwa had showed me a few days ago.

When we arrived, we stopped running and found a cave. This must be it. Colorful flower peddles lead up to the cave's entrance. Next to the cave sits a gorgeous waterfall.

Wow, Amwa done a good job picking out this place!

"Oh my, this is lovely!" Bahiya complimented.

I nod and lean over giving her a lick on the cheek. "It is. Let's have some fun shall we?"

Bahiya purrs and rub her body up against my side. She then leaves off and step inside the cool river for a swim. I join her following right behind.

We swim around and splash at each other with loud laughter like cubs. Life seems to be so perfect right now. This is a day I will never forget and cherish forever.

Bahiya got out of the river and shakes her wet fur dry. I swam out and followed her actions, except I shook out my mane wetting her in the process.

"Hey, watch out!" She laughs.

"Opps. Sorry about that!" I chuckle.

My mane dries out and became poofy. Bahiya continues to laugh.

"Bad hair day huh?" She jokes.

I roll my reddish brown eyes. "Nice joke."

Bahiya falls on back holding her furry tummy with even more laughter. I'm so glad she finds my mane so amusing. I shake my head and then stand over her so she couldn't escape.

"What are you doing?" Bahiya asks.

"Nothing."

I nuzzle her sweetly. She purrs again.

"Kosa, I am glad to be with you and finally can call you my husband. I will never you leave no matter what. Queen or not a Queen. You have my heart."

My eyes tear up a bit. I smile with joy, "I'm never leaving you either. Not one lioness could ever replace you. Your the only one important in my eyes. Gosh you're so adorable!"

We nuzzle again, except this time it was more affectionate. I can see nothing but love inside of Bahiya's hazel eyes. She gets up and walk straight towards the cave.

Bahiya paused in front of the entrance and looked back at me. She smirks, "Are you coming in or not, husband?"

I raise a brow with confusion. But then I quickly understood what she meant and grinned. I slowly follow behind her into the cave.

Our honeymoon starts right now...

Night...

Outside in the middle of darkness, the evening has just been over. Filling up with small specks of light, shinning like a million fireflies. The blackness little by little fading. The moon has just arrived.

Bahiya and I are laying inside the cave cuddled close together. We spent the whole entire afternoon exploring the area and talked. In the evening, I had hunt us both antelope for dinner.

My ears twitch and I hear cute loud snores. Bahiya has fallen asleep. I watch her smiling. For some strange reason, I am not tired nor sleepy. I just laid there watching her as if I am her guard.

I wouldn't dare let anyone hurt her. They would have to get pass me first for that to happen. I am truly glad that I've married her. She was definitely the one.

I just hope the Great Kings are happy too with the decision. Bahiya and I will lead the Pride with great hope and dignity. I will proudly follow my father's paw prints. I will not fail him or grandfather.

This is my time...

My time to prove who I am really and what I've come to bring to the table...

One day my father won't be here and I will need to carry on in his place. Life is very short these days. Anything can happen to him.

I will never forget the day when I've seen father fight that strange unknown lion. Father was so badly injured, mother and I thought he wouldn't of made it. But he did obviously. I wonder what ever happened to that and why never came back...

My dad is a very strong guy and I am lucky still have him. When Bahiya and I get back to Pride Rock, I know there's a lot of work waiting there for us.

Now since we've officially tied the knot, Bahiya and I have to attend royal meetings with my parents with other royal prides across Africa. It's just part of a tradition I guess.

Then after all of important work is done, Bahiya and I can take the time and have children of our own. My mother is DYING for Bahiya to become pregnant. She is ready to become a grandmother already.

I wouldn't mind being a father. I mean eventually a few years from now when I become King, I will need someone to rule after me. The royal blood like must continue.

But right now that's not a rush for Bahiya and I. We've already discussed that before the wedding. Cubs for now can wait. Someday I'll be a father and I promise you it'll become the second best day of my life next to marrying Bahiya.

I look down at her again. She turns her body over now laying on her side still sleeping. I lay my head down over my front paws, also falling into a deep peaceful slumber.

Marriage life is going to be great...