A Date

Ishara

Kion decided to give me a break from the Lion Guard today. This doesn't happen often, so when I am allowed to have a day off I try to enjoy every bit of it.

Due to my Lion Guard duties, I'm never around to see my girlfriend Kisima. I miss her as much as she misses me. The only time we would see each other is bedtime. But I be too tired to even speak to her at night from patrolling that whole day.

So since I'm off, we can probably hang out some place away from Pride Rock. You know, just the two of us! We haven't went on one of those dates in a while. So why not?

I race myself up Pride Rock to the big cavern. A few lionesses are walking out. Strangely, I don't see my sister Auni. Maybe she's out hunting or with her friends? Or perhaps that Hashaan guy, Vitani's son. I've noticed how close they've gotten and I'm not liking it one bit.

A lioness I do recognize with burnt orange fur, blue eyes with a spot underneath both of her eyes and a small tuft on her head. It's my mother. She's walking out of the cave with Bahiya's mother Tiifu. They've always been very close friends since cub-hood; close like sisters.

I approach them both with a smile. My mother gasps with shock seeing me. Tiifu stopped her conversation noticing my mother wasn't listening anymore.

"Ishara your home early?" My mother asks.

I nodded. "Hey mom, hey Miss Tiifu! Yeah, Kion gave me the day off. He said he has everything under control and doesn't need me. Everyone have been acting pretty strange lately and I'm feeling a bad vibe about it to. What's going on?"

Mother shrugs her shoulders but gave me a tight hug. "I don't know. But I'm glad that you're home son! You've been so busy and I haven't seen you at all. Don't you think Kion is perhaps working you too hard these days?"

"Nah. Kion is just doing his job as the leader. I knew what I was signing up for and the expectations. I'm really prepared for it! This job is my destiny."

"Alright, sweetie. Have you seen your sister while walking home?"

I shake my head. "Nope. I was just thinking about her. Maybe she is with Vitani's son or her friends. I'm going to go look for Kisima."

Mother nod her head without a word. I left the two lionesses to resume their conversation and went inside the cave hoping Kisima is there.

She was not. I exit out the cave and stood trying to think where else could she be. I know! Maybe she is behind Pride Rock laying on the rocks? Yeah!

I sprint around a small path leading behind Pride Rock. I see majority of the lionesses resting or gossiping here. Then I spot a lioness with garnet eyes and golden bronze fur. I admittedly run forward with a goofy smile.

"KISIMAAAAA!!!" I yell.

Kisima lift her head from off her front paws. Her ears twitches. "Ishara?"

I pounce on her playfully and purred. "Oh Kisima I'm glad to see you, I missed you so much!"

She laughs at my excitement while laying down on her right side. "Oh, I thought I heard your voice Ishara. Good to say that you're home early! How come? Not that I'm not excited too or anything. I'm glad your home!"