Strong Leaders

Adia

"Tag your it, your it!"

"Im gonna get ya, Mosi!"

My twin sister Chauna and our cousin Mosi are busy playing a fun game of tag. I lay down in the grass watching them chase each other around Pride Rock. Our mothers went to go hunt breakfast for the pride. We were told to stay home with Aunt Kiara and Uncle Mheetu who are both watching us on the rocks.

"Gotcha!" Chauna yelled.

She pounces on Mosi's back. He falls on his belly with laughter. I shake my head at them laughing too. Chauna bites down on his ear playfully as he growls. Mosi rolled onto his left side pawing at her face.

Then suddenly, there were loud roars coming from a distance. We all twitched our ears.

"They're back!" said Aunt Kiara. She sits her body halfway up.

"Mommy!" Mosi squeals.

The huntresses are back home with food. It seem like they caught zebra for breakfast. One of my favorites! Aunt Maha was carrying half of it in her mouth as she led the hunting group to the back of Pride Rock. She pause in her steps and talk to Auni, who is also a huntress but for some reason did not hunt with them today's morning. 

"Hello, my sweets!" mom greeted.

She walks up to Chauna and I. In her mouth she carries a zebra thigh. She drops it on the ground for us to eat.

"Oh boy!" I smile.

Chauna and I both dug in enjoying every bit of the meat as we chewed with happy smiles. Our mother walks off to join Aunt Kiara and Uncle Mheetu on the rocks.

"Hello, Kiara and Mheetu! Care to join everyone for breakfast?"

Uncle Mheetu shook his head, "No thanks, Aala. I'm just waiting for my wife to return. Where is she?"

"She went to get a quick drink from the waterhole." Mom replied. "Don't worry, Nia one of the huntresses stayed with her to protect in case of danger."

"Good."

"Dont worry, things will be fine. So far the Pride Lands have been safe."

Aunt Kiara nodded. "She is right Mheetu. My husband and brother have everything under control. That is why they are out now scanning the borders and Pride Lands."

"Or are they really out there searching for clues because of that strange fire yesterday?" Uncle Mheetu asks. He looks very suspicious.

"They are. That's what Kion had told me before he left earlier." said mom.

"Honey, I am home!" a voice called.

Uncle Mheetu jumped on his paws quick and see Aunt Haiba rushing forward with Nia behind her.

The married couple hugged each other tight with smiles.

"Relax, I told you I would be back home in one piece." Aunt Haiba chuckles.

"I see that now. How is the baby?" He asks.

"The baby is fine. Dont worry my love, we have a long way to go before this bundle of joy enters the world."

"And that'll become one of the best days of my life. Me marrying you and being there at Mosi's birth was everything to me."

"Awwww!" Aunt Kiara and mom squealed.

The married couple both share a sweet nuzzle. Mosi stands between them grossed out.

"Ewww gross!" he said, with his tongue sticking out.