Love Stinks

Aiysha

After breakfast, I decided to go get a drink from the waterhole. Aunt Kiara told me a quick way on how to get there, so I followed a short narrow path that appears to be a short cut.

When I arrived, a few animals are here too for a drink. Others like elephants are playing in the water. A kind male giraffe stands aside so I could have a spot to drink.

I nod at him. "Thank you, sir!"

I bend down and lap up the cool water on my rough pink tongue. So delicious!

"Aiysha?" A voice calls.

My ears twitch. I stop drinking from the water and sat up. I felt a presence behind me and look over my left shoulder. It's my brother Hashaan.

I smile. "Oh, hey brother! You missed out on breakfast. Mom was able to save you a piece of hippo."

"Oh, thanks..." He said sadly, while sitting down.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing..."

I sit across from him and put my paw on his right shoulder. "Hashaan come on, your not fooling anyone here. I know when my brother is upset!"

Hashaan frowns while turning his head away. "It's Auni."

"What about her?"

"I told her that today is our last day being in the Pride Lands. Of course she was upset, but then out of no where confessed her feelings to me. She said that she wants to start a relationship and doesn't mind coming with us back home."

I sigh. "Oh Hashaan..."

He covers his eyes with his paws, shedding a few tears. "I told her no that she couldn't. She doesn't know the dangers out there. She's so use to being in a Pride with a big number of lions who can protect and feed her. So she got upset at me after we argued back and forth."

"It's okay Hashaan, you've done the right thing. Where is Auni?"

"I don't know. She ran some place. I tried calling her name but she completely ignored me. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings."

I hug my brother after feeling so bad. He really loved Auni. But this long distance relationship thing isn't going to work and Hashaan is right about Auni staying here in the Pride Lands. It's a better life. Why throw that away? Plus she has her own family!

"It's going to be okay brother." I cooed. "She'll get over it soon and meet another guy and you'll meet another girl."

He takes his paws from off his red eyes and sniffs. "I know, sis. She was just so beautiful and strong. I know how to hunt better now because of her. I can't stop thinking about that day. She was so happy for me!"

"Yeah, heartbreaks suck. But it's okay. You'll get through it! Think about your family. We'll always be here to love and support whatever decision you make. That was the best decision you could have ever done Hashaan. I know it was hard, but I am proud of you."

Hashaan smiles and we both embrace for a big hug.

"Thank you, Aiysha! Your very wise."