Special Power

Adia

Chauna and I are alone stuck inside the cave. Mommy went to go hunt breakfast for the whole Pride, while daddy is out patrolling the land as usual.

I hate being in the cave. It's boring! Every since that lion came into the Pride Lands and saved us from those two hyenas the day before yesterday, things have been pretty crazy lately at Pride Rock. Meaning, daddy is patrolling twice as much than before. Mommy is keeping a secret from us and so is Aunt Kiara and Uncle Kovu.

Cubs aren't even allowed to play without an adult watching them. We can't even play until mommy comes back home from her hunt.

Chauna lays bored on the ground. She flicks a small rock with her paw. "I am so bored! There's nothing to do in here but stare at the cave wall all day."

I sigh. "I know. It sucks so bad! It's all that lion's fault..."

"Hey, haven't you forgotten that the lion had saved our lives? He seems pretty nice Adia. Without him there, we could have been goners."

"No we won't! Daddy would have found us right before that lion did."

Chauna rolled her eyes. "Whatever. All I'm saying is, it's not his fault why we're stuck inside the cave. I mean, part of it is. But mainly it is our own faults. We shouldn't have been far out of the Pride's territory anyway."

I stand and walk up to the cave's entrance/exit and peek out my small head to see if mommy or the hunting party are back. "Well, I had to show daddy my bravery that I am ready to become the next Lion Guard leader."

She snorts. "You brave? Please! You ran up that tree so fast before me when those hyenas had came for us. How come you didn't try to roar at them? Don't you have that special roar too like daddy does?"

Irritated, I frown at my twin sister. "So what! I panicked and didn't know how to face them alone. You could have helped me too ya know, Chauna. I don't know if I have Daddy's special roar. I've never tried it..."

"Me get killed because of you Adia? Oh no, I'm good on that note! And you should try roaring."

"I don't know if I should. I rather wait for the right time if I really need to. If I see another hyena again then maybe!"

I hear the sound of paw steps come forward to the cave's entrance/exit. It's mommy back from the hunt and is carrying a large piece of hippo meat in her mouth.

Oh boy, my favorite!

I smile happily as she walks inside the cave. Chauna and I greet her by rubbing our bodies against her furry legs. Mommy sat down the meat. Chauna and I admittedly run for it and dig in.

It is past morning now, but who cares! The hunting party had to hunt late due to the meeting that they had with King Kovu and Queen Kiara. I wonder what was it about?

"Hello my sweet little angels!" Mommy smiles. She licks the top of our heads.

I gave her a soft purr while eating my late breakfast. Once we were done and full, we sat down for a few minutes to let our small bellies digest.

"Mommy, can Adia and I go play with our friends?" Chauna asks.

"Sure." Said Mommy, nodding. She lays down. "But right after your bath you can play!"