Ceremony

Maha

"Okay, is everyone here?"

"Yes!"

My duty was to help my sister Kiara gather the whole Pride around as we waited for Heri's special arrival. It's been YEARS since my nephew was last seen in the Pride Lands.

We all thought he was dead. But now, he's alive and coming back home. The whole kingdom is here too; animals from meerkats to elephants. They stand and wait patiently in front of Pride Rock.

Kovu, my brother in law a.k.a. the King, stands at the high edge of Pride Rock waiting for Kiara's return with Heri. I walk up to his side looking too for any sign of them.

"Do you see them, yet?" I ask him.

He shakes his head. "Nope. Not yet! Is everyone ready?"

"Yep. We're just waiting on my sister and your son just like you are."

"I see them sire, straight ahead!" Said Zazu. He flies down from the evening sky and sits on Kovu's left shoulder.

Kovu smiles. "Perfect!"

I rush down Pride Rock before Kovu to meet my sister and nephew.

"Yay, you're back! Welcome home Heri." I greet.

I gave Heri a hug. I can't believe how much he has grown. He looks exactly like Kovu with Kiara's fur color.

Heri hugged me back with a chuckle. "Hey there Maha! Is it me being so tall or are you just really short?"

I burst out with laughter and smirk. "Okay, that was a nice joke there."

Kiara giggles. Bahiya and Makosa both step up joining us.

"Welcome home Heri!" Bahiya smiles, while hugging her old friend.

"Hey there Bahiya! You still look the same, very beautiful indeed. Your hair tuft gotten way longer." Said Heri, examining her looks.

She blushes. "Heh, thank you. You don't look bad yourself!"

Makosa made a tiny frown at Heri with jealousy, while standing in front of Bahiya almost guarding her. She rolls her hazel eyes at him.

Next, Auni walks up joining the small reunion group.

"Welcome back buddy old pal! I've missed my best friend." She said, softly nuzzling him.

Heri does the same exchanging a loud purr. Wow, I wasn't expecting that one! I am actually glad to be honest that they're being this affectionate. I always wanted them to be together since we were cubs.

I mean, I know we were like super young back then and didn't know anything about love. But for some strange reason, it was like Auni and Heri are already meant to be with each other. True love will always find a way!

My brother Kion, his wife Aala, and their twin daughters Adia and Chauna also join us.

"Heri, do you remember your Uncle Kion and Aunt Aala?" Kiara asks, trying to help Heri remember.