Destiny

Heri

Auni and I are walking side by side to Amwa's tree. There's not much further to go. We are almost there! While walking, we shared memorable moments of when we were cubs and how much trouble we've gotten with our parents. I missed my best friend!

"You were so brave that day!" Auni laughs.

"Were?" I grin. "I am still  brave. Nothing has changed, Auni. I'm still the same guy!"

"Yeah. Just older...and perhaps good looking too..."

I realize Auni is flirting with me. I laugh, her cheeks turned deep red. How cute! She bumps her side against my own as she giggles. I smile admiring her.

I do have to admit, Auni has grown up to be a very beautiful lioness. Her eyes are just big and wow! I get lost in them every time I make eye contact when she speaks. Oh and let's not forget about her voice. It's so soft.

But it would be awkward telling her those things. I mean, we haven't spoken or seen each other in years! There is so much to catch up on. It's a bit too early to express each others feelings. We should get to learn each other more first. You know, as in start over as being friends then somehow work our way up to a relationship.

When we arrive at Amwa's ancient tree, I look up at the branches hoping to find her.

"Amwa?" I call.

The leaves shake. Some of them fall and land on our heads.

"Young Prince?" A voice questions.

It is Amwa. She hops down from her tree and smiles widely. "What a surprise visit! I didn't see you at all yesterday or this morning. Are things okay, Heri?"

I smile and step up to hug her. "Yes, everything is alright. I just been needing some time alone. That's all! I've brought an old friend with me if its okay?"

"Oh, hello miss Auni! How is your mother Zuri and brother Ishara doing?"

Auni smiles waving her paw at Amwa. "Hello Amwa! They're both doing well."

Amwa nodded. "Good, very good. I'm glad you and Heri have reunited and are back friends. This could mean something!"

I sat down raising a brow. "Mean what, Amwa?"

"One day you two are going to be married!"

"Say what?!" Auni and I both said in unison. Our eyes widen.

Amwa laughed at our shock face expressions. She nods, "Yes! You are both so silly."

Auni shakes her head with confusion. "No, that cannot be true. Heri and I are just close friends. It'll be too weird!"

"But my dear child, I have spoken with the Great Kings. They told me when Heri goes home and takes his place as the rightful future King, you and him will wed!"

"No way..." I say with shock. "I don't remember my grandfather mentioning me marrying someone. Especially my best friend!"

"You both were already betrothed early when you were cubs. It was set with your parents Heri and Auni's mother that whenever you became King, Auni will be your bride."