A Crazy Night

Maha

"Dont worry Bahiya, Makosa is fine and will be home soon." I said, in a calming tone.

Bahiya sadly sighs. "I surely do hope so, Maha. I have not seen him since the afternoon. Its just so strange to me because, he normally does not stay out this late. Its night time! I hope Heri, King Kovu, and Kion will find him. I will not fall asleep until he is home."

"Come on, you need your rest. It is not healthy for you to be acting this way."

''Your right..."

I place my paw on top of her own and smile. "Trust me, everything is going to be okay."

Bahiya half smiles while nodding her head. "Okay."

"Im going to go check on my sister in law Aala and see if shes feeling alright. If you need me, I will be at her and Kion's cave."

''Im sure I will be okay now. Im just going to sleep my worries away and hope that when I wake up, Makosa will be here at my side."

I bump heads with her before getting up and exiting out the large cavern. I walk down the rocky steps below Pride Rock where Aala and Kion's private cave is. Before stepping in, I check to see if she is here and if she would like any company.

"Hello Aala! Its me, Maha. I wanted to check to see if you are okay. Do you mind if I come in?" 

"Yes, you may come in."

I walk in and see Aala laying down alone. I join by laying down across from her where we can make direct eye contact face to face. I can tell that she has been crying a lot because her eyes are red and her cheeks are stained by tears.

"I wanted to check on you. I see my brother have not made it back home yet. Gosh, this is so crazy!" I said.

Aala nodded. She stares down at her paws sadly with her ears lowered. She sniffs, "It is. All i ever wanted to be was a good mother to them. I made it a promise to them and Kion when I had gave birth. I feel like I have failed them all. It is my fault..."

"Non-sense! You are a great mother Aala! There are so many lionesses in this pride that wish to bare my brother's cubs. You are very lucky to be chosen as his mate. My brother have always been picky when it comes to his love life. Kiara and I had tried searching someone for him for years. But when he met you, it was simply perfect! You guys make a great married couple and both have created two gorgeous daughters. Why do you think that it is your fault that they've gone missing?"

''Because I wasn't watching them. I decided to go hunt instead and I had trusted them to play close by. It just all happened so quick Maha. I had turned my back for a few moments and next thing you know, they were no where to be found! I kept calling their names but didn't get any answers."

I gave her a reassuring smile. "That doesn't mean that it was your fault that they have went missing. They are cubs! Cubs can only stay in one spot for only a few seconds. They get distracted more easily than we do. They are born to explore and play. That's how me, Kiara, and Kion were growing up. The only thing difference was that we had Zazu to watch over us or Timon and Pumbaa."

Aala now smiles and chuckled. "Yeah, I have heard all of you guys childhood stories from the whole pride."

"Wait, what? Were they good stories or bad?"

"Both!"

I roll my teal colored eyes with laughter. "Of course! I am not surprised about that one."

We both laugh. I notice Aala is now starting to feel somewhat better. I understand that she is worried, any parent would if their child has come up missing or is no where to be found. If I was in Aala's position, I wouldn't know what to do or probably wouldn't even think straight. Kion seems to be holding it in more strong than Aala herself. He is determined to find his daughters even if it takes him all night up to sunrise. They are his life and the most closest things to him.