Not As Planned

Makosa

I am at home patiently waiting for my brother Heri to return. I have not seen him since earlier today we had our argument. I have to admit, it was pretty foolish and silly of us to be arguing like cubs. I thought it through and spoke to my wife Bahiya about it. She said that I should apologize for my behavior and to put everything behind us. So, I follow her advice. I am sitting on Pride Rock's ledge, scanning my reddish brown eyes across the kingdom.

I now see a light peach-ish fur, light beige muzzle, underbelly and paws, black nose, green eyes, dark brown mane lion coming to Pride Rock. Close beside him is a lioness who has burnt orange fur, chestnut colored eyes, small tuft on her head and sharp claws that stay out. Its Heri and Auni both returning home. Finally I can begin...

I quickly race down the rock. Auni is coming up, but stands aside seeing me rushing pass.

"Oh, hey Makosa!" She greets.

"Hi there, Auni!" I replied, fast. I dont have time to chat right now. I need to reach to Heri before he leaves.

Heri I noticed was about to follow Auni up to the cavern. I come out of no where and jumped in front of him with full surprise, stopping him in his tracks.

"Hello, big brother!" I greet, kindly with a smile.

Heri raises a brow. "Oh uh, hey Makosa..." He replied, after clearing the awkwardness from his throat. "What do you want? I thought we were finished after having our argument earlier?"

"You know Heri, I didn't tell our parents what happened. I had put some more thinking into it and felt that I was being selfish not you. Earlier I have behaved like a cub. I am sorry for my words and actions. Do you forgive me brother?"

Heri is puzzled. "How do I know if you truly mean it?" He asks, while squinting his green eyes.

"I can simply prove it to you." I replied, with seriousness in my tone. "How about we start off by taking small steps? To begin, I can hunt us both lunch and we can find a more better spot to eat and talk. You know, us two brothers hanging out without our friends and family disturbing the peace. I really want our old bond back Heri. What happen to us?"

"I dont know. Lots of things had happened apparently since I was gone from here..." He said, while looking down at his paws. He closed his eyes while releasing out a heavy sigh. "Alright, I will give you another chance. I also apologize for the hurtful things I have said out of anger. We are brothers and brothers should always stick together no matter what. I remember mom had taught us that when we were little..."

I chuckle remembering. "Yeah, she did! But you're right. Let's put the argument behind us and go have some lunch together. How does that sound?"

"Cool. I dont have anything else to do."

"Great, follow me."

I lead the way. Heri trails beside me with wonder. We were walking in silence for a few moments until...

"Uh, Makosa?"

"Yes, Heri?"

"Where are we exactly? I dont see any herds here. Are you sure these are the correct hunting grounds?" He asks, suspiciously.

"I am very sure! Father had showed me another good area to hunt. I use to come here a lot to train. We're almost there, just a bit more further to go."

"Oh, okay..."

Heri now slowly walks and is behind me. He looks over his shoulder not seeing Pride Rock anymore. It is clear that we are no longer in the Pride Lands. He stops walking while I kept going.