Shelter.

Chapter 1

=•= 8 years earlier =•=
I sat down at the wooden table as my dad set the table for dinner. My eyes turn, gazing into the beautiful night sky, the sky that gifted us with stars and huge planets.
"You know Y/N you could help set the table instead of daydreaming." My mom scolded me, giving me a stern look as she placed the silverware in front of me.

"Mom when can I go to a real school?" I asked with my fragile voice, my thoughts going lonely as I begin to think of friends I could have.

"Y/N you're our little girl! We can't have you getting hurt! We love you too much!" My dad tells me, swooping me off my chair. He tickled me and I laughed hard, yet the thought still burned in the back of my mind. He set me back in my seat and started placing dinner onto the table.

"We just want to shelter you from bad things, or people!" My mom says kissing my head.

=•= present time =•=

I was sound a freaking sleep when my stupid alarm clock went off. Emitting noise only satan himself could create.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!
The stupid machine yelled at me. I smashed the button to make it stop but it wouldn't. It's like it was wanting revenge on me. I sat up tiredly and smashed the thing with my fist. (Not really I just hit it and it shut off.) I scooted up slowly and slid off my bed. I sat on the floor for a couple seconds before I heard my mom screaming my name.

"Y/N!! You better get down here! Or I'm gonna take away your phone privileges!" She threatened me. Rolling my eyes, I jumped off of the floor and look into my standing mirror. I was a mess.

"Hold on! I need to get dressed and ready!" I yelled back at her through my door. I walked over to my closet and found a medium length black dress that was decorated with cherries. After finishing my normal morning routine, I jog down the stairs. "Mom, I'm here!" I announced, but didn't see her anywhere around me. I just shrugged and leaned on the white wall behind me, thinking she might have gone to get the mail or something of the sort.

"Surprise!" My dad and mom both yelled at me. They jumped out of the closet wearing party hats and beaded necklaces.

"What the!!" I yelped and fell on the fake wood floor.

"Happy birthday princess!" My dad laughed giving me a big hug. I smiled and hugged my dad back. My mom came out in a birthday hat holding two neatly wrapped boxes. One was big and one was smaller. I grabbed the smaller box first and peeled off the nicely wrapped (f/c) wrapping paper off the box. My mom took the bow on the box and stock it on my head. I laughed and fully opened the box.

"Oh woah! Guys!" I thanked trying not to cry. I pulled out a laptop with a pink mustache sticker on the back. I didn't know why that was there but it was cute. I've wanted a laptop for 5 years now. My family is just really strict with me. I went and opened the bigger box and found a 6 cases of computer games like: snapped, sims 4, and a whole bunch more.
I saw a controller that hooked up to the computer. There was some clothes and some more stuff to add to my room and stuff. Oh and there was a 50 dollar bill inside there. I got up and group hugged both of my parents. But the first thing that came to mind was leaving to find the real world. I smiled and hugged my parents tighter than ever.

"I love you guys so much! And I always will! Thank you for everything!" I beamed pulling away from the hug.

"And we love you back!" My mom says kissing my head.