Dragons (10)

Dear Juliet,
I heard that you were chosen (forced) to be a tri-wizard champion. Meet me in the forbidden forest at midnight.
-C.W.

Juliet got the letter the next week at lunch, from seemingly Charlie Weasley. Why he could possibly want to meet up with her in the forest? Her first instinct was that it was a trap, and second that he knew something about the first task.

"If I'm not back by two, send the twins after me." Julie said to Cordelia before she headed out to the forest. Cordelia just nodded and continued to read her book as Juliet walked out.

When she neared the forest, she noticed a head of red hair within the trees, and went towards that. She was right, it was Charlie Weasley. Neither one of them said a word as he led her through the dark. Soon they ended up in what was once a clearing, but now held four large dragons and tons of workers.

"You brought me here to look at dragons?" She asked smiling. He nodded and held out his arms in an attempt to look humble.

"You could say that, now let me introduce you." He said, excitedly leading her over to one of the cages.

Fred and George were sleeping soundly in their beds, until they were woken up by a bright light. They shot up in bed to see a shimmering patronus in the shape of a cat standing in the middle of the room.

"Juliet said if she wasn't back by two to send you guys after her. She went into the forest after getting a letter telling her too." The patronus said in the voice of Cordelia Reed. The cat then disappeared, turning all the lights on with it.

Fred and George both exchanged a look, before putting on there shoes and heading out. They didn't mind being woken up, but they did mind Juliet putting herself in danger. The two were walking down one of the corridors heading to the great hall when the heard voices. Their first instinct was to hide behind one of the suits of armor.

"Do I look like the kind of person that would work on?" Juliet's voice asked, sounding calm but deadly. "You think you can show me your dragons, and kiss me, and I'll just hop in your bed? That's why you asked me to go and not Harry?"

"What?" Fred mouthed to George, who just shrugged.

"Well, yeah." A familiar voice responded, sounding cocky. The twins exchanged a look, Charlie?

"Don't try to kiss me again!" Juliet said, there was the sound of someone being pushed and the twins decided to go investigate. "Thank you, but I'll be going now."

The twins rounded the corner just in time to see Charlie grab Juliet's wrist. As quick as lightning, Juliet had Charlie on the ground, having used his grip on her wrist to flip him over onto the ground.

 As quick as lightning, Juliet had Charlie on the ground, having used his grip on her wrist to flip him over onto the ground

"Hey. Is it two already?" Juliet asked, smiling at the twins like nothing just happened.

"Yeah, Cordelia sent for us." George said, raising an eyebrow at Charlie who was on the ground. Juliet grabbed their arms and started walking down the hallway, towards the Gryfandor commons.

"I'm sorry to worry you guys. Charlie sent me a letter thi

s afternoon, telling me to go meet him in the forest." Juliet explained, "I didn't know if it was actually him, so before I left I asked Cordelia to get you guys after three. In case it was a trap and I was in trouble or something."

"What did he want?" They asked together. They had reached the common room portrait to see that the fat lady was gone.

"To show me what the first task is going to be. We have to fight dragons." Juliet explained, climbing onto the table next to the empty portrait. The twins looked at her curiously, but she just continued talking. "He asked me to go instead of Harry because he was trying to seduce me. Wouldn't take no for an answer but as you saw, I could handle that."

With a Click, the portrait door opened. Juliet had pulled some sort of lever or pushed a button that opened it. George helped her off the table by grabbing her waist and lifting her before setting her on the floor. She smiled at his and gave a small thanks, feeling giddy at the fact the he helped her without hesitation.

"How did you-" Fred started, "you know what, best not to question it."

Juliet and the twins went their separate ways after that, after she thanked them for getting up for her. Juliet went back to her dorm room and went to sleep along with Cordelia, after she quickly explained about the dragons.

When the first task came closer, Juliet felt more confident. She had done research and come up with a plan to win the task, without hurting the dragon.

Juliet didn't feel nervous until the morning of the task when professor Flitwick handed her a Blue and Bronze jersey with 'Holmes' written on the back. She felt herself pale at the sight of it. She gave the small man a weak smile, to which he returned with a proud one. She was told to put it on now, since that's what the other champions were doing.

Juliet put on the jersey with a pair of black tights underneath and made her way to the great hall alone. She had asked Cordelia to go ahead, since she was still feeling rather nervous.

"There's our girl!" The twins yelled when she entered the great hall, cheering loudly. To her surprise, everyone at the Ravenclaw and Slytherin tables started cheering with them. Instead of handling her emotions head on by staying, she turned around and walked to the lake.

She sat down against a nearby tree and put her bag down next to her. What had she gotten herself into? After a few moments, she was joined under the tree by her favorite twins.

"I'm about to battle a fucking dragon." Juliet stated giving an airy laugh. A dragon.