In the Water (12)

"What do you mean?" Harry asked Juliet, when she came up to him and said 'put it in the water'.

"In the water." Juliet said, not understanding why he was confused. She thought she made herself very clear.

"What water?" He asked. Juliet had sat with the Gryfandors that morning, and was sitting in between Lee and Harry, across from the twins.

"Any water! What don't you understand?" She asked, getting aggravated.

"Juliet, he means what is he putting where?" George said, grinning at her confusion.

"The fucking egg." She said, giving the two of them a look that said she couldn't believe they didn't understand. Harry's mouth formed an 'O' when he understood she was telling him how to figure it out. It was about two weeks after the first task, and the Yule ball was coming up.

Juliet was told by Flitwick that, that she needed to learn to dance. The champions were to open the ball by dancing, and Juliet knew how to dance already so she never showed up to the lessons. All the girls were freaking out about the stupid dancing.

"Start with that next time." George said, pointing his fork at her happily. He was trying to work up the nerve to ask her to the ball, but she wasn't in a good mood right then.

A seventh year boy came up to the table looking confident, and cleared his throat behind Juliet. She ignored him and made it look like she didn't hear it, but everyone else did. George felt his spirits fall, since it was obvious what the boy wanted. He tapped Juliet lightly on the shoulder, making her turn around quickly.

"No." She said, before turning back around.

"I came here to ask you to the Yule Ball." He said, giving her a smile. He was a Hufflepuff, so it wasn't that uncommon to see them so high spirited.

"And I said no. Now leave me alone." She said without turning back around. She looked completely done with the day, even though it was just lunch.

The boy turned around and went where he came from, leaving the girls at the table to look at her like she was stupid. She put her head down on the table and groaned.

"They won't leave me alone. Everyone went from hating me to being obsessed with me in the course of a week." She said, not picking her head up. Lee patted her back jokingly.

"Do you have a date, then?" Fred asked, giving George a look.

"No." She said, before picking her head up and and giving George a sweet smile.

"What?" He asked, smiling back confused.

"Be my date so I don't have to go with someone dull and unattractive?" Juliet asked, holding her smile. Fred and Lee watched them curiously. There was a lot of things they didn't understand about George and Juliets friendship, since they've been friends since before they knew she existed.

"I'm not dull and unattractive to you?" George asked jokingly, trying to seem like his nerves weren't going crazy. She gave him a look, making him laugh. "Of course i'll go with you."

"Okay! Ask me dramatically so everyone leave me alone please?" She asked, giving him puppy dog eyes.

Fred and George exchanged a look, and Fred moved over a few spaces on the bench. George gave her a smirk before jumping up onto the seat, making everyone look up.