Third in Command (38)

One day was all it took to gain the trust of all the death eaters, three was all it took to gain respect, and by the end of the week she replaced Lucius Malfoy in the ranks, who was ranked under her mother. She was even above Snape, who hadn't been around during the whole week she'd been their. Lucius was taken to Azkaban after the fight at the ministry and left there as a punishment for not getting what they went for. Getting out of the house to go to the order meeting was no problem.

George was on edge as he and the order waited for Juliet to arrive. Since they didn't have any spies there, they had no idea what had happened to her. Had they believed her story? Was she hurt? All kinds of questions ran through their heads as the seconds ticked by. Five minutes past when the meeting was suppose to start, Juliet walked in casually.

She wasn't harmed, but looked different. They had given her some of Violets cloths, meaning she was wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a tight shirt. She looked badass. Remus, being the only one brave enough to do so, held his wand to her as soon as she walked in.

"When did we first meet, and why?" He asked, in order to check if it was truly her or not.

"When I got my Hogwarts letter, because you were friends with Rosemund from school. She died and I had no one to explain the wizarding world to me but you." She said, calmly hugging George who had stood up upon her entering. He hugged her back and the two of them sat down.

"What happened when you got there?" Kingley asked her, getting right to the point.

"I was questioned, taken to him, then was left alone for the rest of the day." She told him plainly.

"Do you have a ranking yet?" Snape asked, "I havn't been able to return there yet as I have been busy with school."

"You were moved down a ranking." Juliet said awkwardly.

"What? Who replaced me?" He asked in surprise.

"I did, and you replaced Lucius." She answered, clearing her throat as everyone started at her in shock.

"You managed to become third in command in a week?" Mad-Eye moody asked surprised, breaking the silence. "How did you manage it?"

"I am an excellent liar, and have dealt with psychopaths all my life. I know what to say to make them like me." Juliet answered. "I made it clear that I wouldn't be getting my hands dirty in any way anytime soon, and he was okay with that."

"He was just okay with it?" Snape asked surprised.

"He was a little offended when I said I wouldn't get the dark mark because it was ugly, but he got over it when I promised not to tell anyone he was sleeping with my mom." She answered, causing almost all of them to grimace. "I basically blackmailed my way to the top."

After that she told them everything she had found out during her time there, which wasn't much. Hardly anything was happening from what she could tell. They had used up all their good ideas. When the meeting was over, Juliet left with Fred and George to explain what was going on with her personally.

She explained that she had made a deal that protected the Weasleys from immediate danger, but that they still had to be carefull. They are aware of her affections for them and while they don't approve she suspects she should be able to move back in with in a month. George was happy to hear that, because this past week without her had been painful, and she felt the same way. They had grown accustom to having the other around. With one last kiss she left again, having already been gone for too long.

When she returned to Malfoy Manor, no one was suspicious of her wear abounds or even knew she was gone. She dressed back down into comfortable cloths just in time for Violet to walk in. She had her violin in hand, and requested that Juliet play with her. She excepted and that is how the two of them spent the rest of the evening.

As she predicted, she was able to move back with the twins two weeks later. Instead of simply telling them she was moving back in, she went home with them from an order meeting. The only new thing to tell was handled by Snape, while Juliet told them that someone tried to kill Voldemort, and since she was the only one there she had to stop it. She explained that it wouldn't have worked anyway, and all she did was apprehed the person. Since she went back with the twins last time, the didn't think anything of it.

"How long can you stay this time?" Fred asked as he went to the kitchen, and she and George sat on the couch.

"I've got a meeting on the third." She answered, taking her shoes off and putting her head on Georges shoulder.

"But when do you have to get back?" George asked, wrapping his arm around her.

"The third. Didn't I tell you guys about a month?" She asked confused as to why they kept asking her.

"You get to stay?" George asked excitedly, facing her with an ecstatic grin.

"Yeah, I do." She responded, smiling back.

Since Fred was in the kitchen, he heard her say that but didn't hear what George said back. He peaked his head in to see that he never answered, and he was now on top of her while they made out. Neither seemed to care that he made a joking noise of disgust.

"Do I need to leave?" He asked, pointing to the door with his thumb.

Juliet simply waved him off, and continued to kiss George. She missed him a lot and Fred could leave if he wanted too. To both his, and Julies surprise, George got and scooped Juliet into his arms, making her wrap her arms around him with a noise of surprise.

"Yeah, you better go." He said with a smirk. Fred scoffed with a laugh, and left the small flat with his arms raised in surrender. George had never said anything like that to him pertaining Juliet, so he was a little off guard by it. One thing he knew for sure was he and Lee would have plenty to talk about that night.