Professor Holmes (54)

The next order meeting would be in a week, which would be another week until the school year started. They all needed time to think, and after Remus's explanation, George and Juliet needed to talk more about it. Not because they hadn't done it well enough before, but because he was having second thoughts about sending her there.

They were both nervous, because they knew that she would be in more danger there than she ever  was here. But, after a few nights to think it over, Juliet decided that she would go, to look after Ginny if nothing else. She knew the girl would have it bad, with her brother being undesirable number three, and her boyfriend undesirable number one. Not to mention she was considered a blood traitor in the eyes of the community.

The only thing she had left to do was finalize her place. Instead of going for the muggle studies position, she went for one in the hospital wing. That way, she wouldn't have to lose her job at St. Mungo's, and go as a transfer to Hogwarts, as they were taking volunteers and no one was signing up. The dark lord however, had an added plan for her. He wanted her to help the Carrow's punish students, because she was well known among them for her methods, and tortured in a way that didn't leave any marks.

She excepted this, in return for the right to heal, and not heal, as she pleases, no questions asked. At first he denied her, until she convinced him otherwise, saying that her main goal in going there was to make sure that the students didn't die, and she was going to make sure none of them did. 

The order was ecstatic to hear this news. They weren't able to get anyone else in besides the teachers that were already there, and with only Madam Pomfrey in the hospital, the would have been extremely understaffed. 

Ranking among the death eaters was an important thing. The Carrow's were high up in the line, meaning that they wouldn't take orders from anyone below them, but since Juliet was third in command, bested only by her mother and Snape, they had no choice but to listen to her, and do as she said. This would come off frightening to the students, as she was always very loud and assertive when it came to bossing others around, that'w what it would take to keep them in line. She didn't care if the students liked her or not, because she would be helping them even if they didn't know it.

Ginny was informed about what Juliet would be doing, and was surprised to say the least. Not because she was doing it, but because of the fact that it was of the utmost importance that she did. Not only that, but because she was expected to play a part too. Juliet had tried to kill her brother in every ones eyes, and Ginny had to play the part, just as much as she did. She had to paint Juliet as a bad guy in the eyes of her friends, and they couldn't be caught talking to each other. This meant that there would be times when Juliet got physical with her, though she told that only to Ginny and no one else, because once she got there she would understand.

When the first of September came, Juliet said her last, teary goodbye to George and use floo powder to get into the castle. They of course had it set up in all the teachers offices, and she found herself in Dumbledore's office, or now, Snape's. Juliet knew that he was playing for the same side as her, which is the only reason she stayed silent as he showed her to where her office would be. 

She was getting an office because she was in charge of discipline as well as healing, and because her healing would be different from Pomphry's. Students would only go to her when they were sick, or had an accident, where Juliet would heal the students who received their wounds as a form of punishment. The large receiving chamber would be where students were healed and held for punishment, and her office part would be used for her to be when she wasn't needed else where, containing a desk, bookshelves, and a fireplace connected to the floo network which she could use to go home whenever she pleased or to meetings. The setup wasn't bad, and chosen by Snape to give her the most amount of privacy as he could.

When Juliet took her place at the staff table to the right of Snape, the students who knew her gaped in horror, along with the staff members who weren't aware of her position. The Carrows sat on the left of him, as a way of showing that Juliet was more important than even they were. After Snape gave a very threatening speech, he introduced the new staff changes.

"Alecto Carrow will be taking the place of your new muggle studies teach, and Amycus Carrow, you Dark Arts teacher" Snape said. The students knew better than to make any sound, but their glares said it all. They all wanted to know why Juliet was there, so they waited for him to tell them. "Juliet Holmes will be in charge of your... discipline, as well as healing whatever injuries you may acquire during your stay here. You will treat professor Holmes with the most amount of respect you can muster, or face the consequences by either her, or Amycus Carrow's hand."

The threat in his voice was clear as day, and the students who knew Juliet were filled with more fear than those who didn't. They always knew there was something dangerous about her, and assumed she was in cahoots with the death eaters all along. Ginny did a spectacular job of glaring at Juliet at Neville's side. Juliet winked at her, where everyone could see, and Ginny jumped out of her seat in a fit of fake rage, only to be held down by her friends. The show seemed to satisfy the Carrow's, as they of course, knew who Ginny was. Juliet's cold front was enough to scare anyone away, and the students wanted to know what Juliet had done to make Ginny hate her so much she was willing to take that risk.