Apology (45)

Juliet left the hospital wing after a moment to find George, finding him just outside. He was staring off, and looked up when he saw her. He didn't know how to feel.

"If it helps, he died fast" Juliet said softly

"No, that doesn't help!" He snapped, taking her a bit by surprise. He had never snapped at her before.

"The first one is the hardest. Just don't think about it as taking someones life, but saving yours" She told him, putting a had on his shoulder. To her surprise again, he stood up and away from her touch.

"I can't just turn off my emotions like you can, Juliet" He said harshly, "This- this isn't okay. This makes me as bad as they are."

"No it doesn't. They do it for fun, you did it because you had too."

"And you? You'll kill anyone who crosses you. It was easy for me to be okay with that because I didn't understand. Now I understand that, but I understand you even less. Do you feel anything? For anyone- for me?" He asked her. He sounded hurt. "Because I don't think you do. You're just like your father."

Juliet just stared at him, numb to his harsh words. He had crossed a line, and he didn't even blink. She felt her heart break and anger set in. She was angry at herself, at the situation that she put herself in. What he was saying to her hurt more than anything she had ever felt before. She didn't know what to say, so she just got up and walked away. She wouldn't let him see her cry, not anymore.

"Juliet" He said, realizing what he had said. She didn't turn around as the tears started to fall freely down her face even though she was holding them back as best she could.

He caught up to her and grabbed her arm and spun her around enough to see her tears, but as soon as he did she ripped herself out of his grip and appreated away. She didn't care about the enchantments around the castle that was suppose to stop people from doing that, her magic had taken over and took her back to the shop. She wiped her tears roughly and went up the stairs. She had to go.

Everyone came out of the hospital wing to find George staring blankly at the spot Juliet had just been. He had messed up, and bad.

"Everything okay?" Fred asked him curiously, "Where'd Juliet go?"

"I- I don't know. I yelled at her, Fred. I-" He stuttered. He was so surprised at himself that he couldn't even think straight. "I told her she was just like her dad"

"You what?" Fred asked surprised, everyone else just moved on.

"I have to find her- I have to apologize," He said, heading in the direction as everyone else but faster, Fred was not far behind either.

The two boys appreated home as soon as they could. He hoped Juliet had gone there, and he was right. She had gone but wasn't there anymore. She had left a note on the bed, which George picked up with shaking hands while Fred watched from the door way.

I know you didn't mean what you said. You were just upset, understandably so, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Of course I feel. Violet and my father don't but I do- exspecially for you. I expect one hell of an apology. You know how to reach me.
Love, Juliet

George stared at the note in his hands with releif. He messed up bad, be he still had a chance. He handed the note to Fred, trying to think of ways he could show her how sorry he was.

"You better buy that girl a house for what you said to her" Fred scoffed, jokingly.

Juliet had expected George to call her as soon as he got home, but he didn't. He didn't call the next day, or the next, and she was starting to get a little worried. She didn't get to go to Dumbledore's funeral, because of her position with the Death Eaters, but she knows that no one who knew minded. When he finally did message her, she was even more confused. All he had texted was an address in Devon, that wasn't but twenty minutes from the burrow. She figured it couldn't hurt to go, and texted him that she would be an hour or so. She would have to find it, so she appreated to where she kept her muggle car and went in that.

She was glad she went in her car, because the GPS was taking her to what felt like the middle of no where. She drove through a lot of county, and finally she came across a house at the address as the the sun started to set a little. It had taken her exactly an hour to get there she thought, as she put her car into park in the driveway. She realized that she should have searched the place up before coming, because she had no idea what she was doing there.

 She realized that she should have searched the place up before coming, because she had no idea what she was doing there

The house was fairly large, looking old but sturdy. It has lots of windows, and she could see from her place in the car how cozy it looked. It was honestly, everything she ever dreamed of having in a house. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and texted George,

I'm here, now what?

He didn't answer her, but instead the front door opened and he came out. She took that as a sign to get out the car, so she took the keys out and did so. He looked nervous, and looked at her with a sheepish smile as she approached him. The two of them walked in together, and she was greeted with yellow wall paint and bare hard wood floor. There wasn't much furniture there, just the basics like a dining table and a couch that she could see. George closed the door behind them and she looked at him questioningly.

"You wanted a hell of an apology" He said, rubbing his neck nervously. Maybe he was being to bold, because he had never felt so nervous in his life. She was still confused, until he gestured around him a little.

"You don't mean..." She started, waving her finger around at their surroundings.

"Well, I messed up really bad, and I'm so sorry for what I said to you and I was thinking about what I could do to make it up to you. I asked Fred and I asked Rosamund and they both kind of said the same thing so I figure that yeah, I'd at least look. Then I found this place with the help of Rose and it was just so perfect and I knew you would like it so I called about it and they hardly wanted anything for it because three people were murdered here and I figured that you wouldn't mind and-"

Juliet interrupted his ranting by pulling him into a hug with tears in her eyes. She was happy and surprised. She let out a watery laugh as he hugged her back tightly and she pulled away from him with smile, but stayed in his arms.

"I was expecting flowers and dinner but this is so much better" She said, trying to stop her happy tears from flowing down her face.

"I love you" George said, wiping a stray tear from her cheek. "A house is- it's a big step. It's a big step that I wanted to take with you."

"I love you too, George" She said, pulling him into a kiss.