Death (18)

When Juliet regained consciousness, the world around her was hazy. She took in her surroundings and her situation. She was surrounded by death eaters, but didn't have any restraints on. She had been knocked out cold and hit her head on something, leaving a bloody gash on her forehead. She also found she had a concussion.

Leaving her unrestrained was a mistake. They had taken her wand, and muggle gun but they didn't bother to search anywhere else. She still had her knife, which she would use as soon as she got the chance.

Harry was tied up to a statue, watching a snake like man speak to the masked men. Death eaters, being addressed by none other than Voldemort himself. Juliet rose to her feet quietly, sneaking up behind the followers and to the only man not wearing a mask. Peter Pettigrew.

If she could get him down fast enough, she could get Harry and run. The port key would be able to take them back to Hogwarts. Juliet pressed the sharp knife against the mans throat, right across his major artery. He yelped, making everyone turn to him.

"Give me Harry or he dies." Juliet said, flipping the switch on her emotions. She couldn't let sympathy get in the way of her getting Harry to safety.

"Just like your mother." Voldemort mused calmly, as everyone pointed their wands at her. His voice came out as a soft hiss and his red eyes met her own. "But you won't do it. Put the knife down and join us, we brought you here for a reason."

Juliet raised an eyebrow at him, she pressed the blade further into the rat like mans throat. The pressure caused it to break skin and blood trickled down his neck.

"He is useless. We don't need him." Voldemort said with a smirk. Juliet just shrugged her shoulders, making a face that said 'whatever', and slit the mans throat.

Since he was already bleeding out from a severed hand, there wasn't much blood left in his body. What was left, sprayed out of the wound for the first few moments, before Juliet dropped the body and dashed for Harry. They were all surprised that she had done it , but she didn't care at the moment.

She untied Harry with bloody hands, loosening the knots as quick as she could. As soon as she got him untied she was grabbed by the hair and pulled back.

"Get to the port key!" She yelled at him, twisting to plunge her knife into the mans stomach. He let go of her, but others came after her. She fought and stabbed every death eater she could, but it wasn't easy with a concussion. She fought as hard as she could, but ended up under her own knife. When the death eaters saw it stuck into her stomach, they backed off. They were suppose to keep her alive.

The last thing she saw was Harry running towards her and the port key glowing blue by her head.

After being forced into a duel with the dark lord himself, Harry made his escape. He grabbed onto Juliet's lukewarm body with one hand and the port key with the other, and the two of them were squeezed into a tight tube.

When they arrived back at Hogwarts, the band started to play a happy tune. Harry payed no mind to them or the cheering crowds and his fingers flew straight to Juliet's neck. She had very little pulse.

Hearing Harry's screams made the band stop and everyone stare. Harry was yelling for help, for someone to help Juliet, and that the dark lord had returned. As the children stared, the adults sprang into action. They pulled Harry off of Juliet so that Madam Pomfrey could take a look.

George's first instinct was to run to Juliet, his brain shut off and he lifted his feet to do so, but was held back by Fred. George struggled to get out of his grip, never taking his eyes off of Juliet. She was pale, seeming almost white against the bright red blood that covered her body. Her hands seemed to be the bloodiest of all, next to the knife in her stomach.

George was at her side within a second of escaping his brothers grasp, along with Sherlock. The adults were evacuating the students, and Harry was no where to be found. George tore his eyes away from Madam Pomfreys working hands to look around for moody. She said if anything went wrong not to let him leave, but he was gone.

"Moody." George managed to say to Dumbledore. "She said if anything happened it was him, and he's got Harry."

Dumbledore and a few other teachers rushed out at that, leaving Juliet and her family there with George and the Weasleys. The Weasleys stood in the same place as before, watching George carefully move a piece of her hair behind her ear. His eyes glistened with tears but none fell.

"Is she going to be okay?" He asked, looking up from her face.

"She's got to stabilize the wounds and tend to her concussion. Most of the blood isn't hers." Sherlock said, turning to face George. He felt a slight sense of relief, but not much. "They tried to take her, but she fought them off with her knife. The blood on her hands isn't from self defense, she-"

"This isn't a case, Sherlock!" John yelled at him, "She is your daughter, not a murder victim."

"Your right John, but I need to know what happened. If the situation was bad enough that she had to kill someone, then-"

They were interrupted by her coughing violently, causing blood to leak out of the corner of her mouth. Dread and panic flooded George's system. Juliet could die, right now, and she would die not knowing he loved her. It seemed unfair for her not to know she was loved.

"I've got to get her into the hospital wing." Madam Pomfreys said, conjuring up a stretcher and rushing that way without another word.