Tough Decisions (36)

"What I did upset you." Juliet stated, when she and George got back to their bedroom that night.

"A little, but not because you did it." George admitted.

"What do you mean?" She asked, laying next to him on the bed.

"I'm upset about it because- well because you were taught that it was okay. I don't blame you for it. I blame your father for letting you see things like that, and letting you go through that." George said,brushing a strand of hair behind her ear softly. "It wasn't fair to you."

"I didn't mean to upset anyone." She murmured, not sure what else to say.

"I know." He said back, pulling her closer to him.

He wish he could go back in time and make Sherlock treat her better as a child. It hurt him to know all the things he put her though, and made him swear he would never treat their children that way. Wait- their children. That was a new thought to him, but not one that seemed wrong or in any way made him uncomfortable. He could see himself with her in the future, he always could. He only just hoped she felt the same way.

Everything soon fell into a comfortable routine. Juliet would wake up and make breakfast, and the twins would go down to their shop while Juliet would go to St. Mungo's. When she got home they would be done for the day so they all hung out until it was time for bed. The shop was doing amazing, better than they could have hoped for even. People came from all over just to get a hold to their products, and they couldn't be happier.

Cordelia joined the order a month after school let out, which made Juliet very happy. She was a little surprised at the fact that Violet was being held hostage by the order, but soon got over it. She joined after the death eater attack on a bridge in London, that had caused several of the healers at Mungo's to stay at work for most of the night. Since it was death eaters that caused it, Juliet and several other healers went to where the people were being treated and helped heal them.

She explained to the order what happened, and to say they were surprised was an understatement. This meant that the Death Eaters were going to spring more attacks than before, and that the war was really starting. Juliet realized that what they needed was more people on the inside, and she knew what she had to do, and it was what Kingsley was too afraid to ask her.

"I'll do it." Juliet said to Kingsley suddenly. Everyone was a little confused because he hadn't asked anything.

"How did you-?" Kingsley asked surprised.

"Kingsley wants more people on the inside, and because they wan't me so bad I am the best for the job." Juliet told everyone.

"No." George said instantly. "Absolutely not."

"Since Violet is already here, I could let her out and say I've changed my mind." Juliet continued, ignoring George. "It's the safest way, and if anyone can do it it's me."

"She's right." Mad- eye said, nodding. A few others agreed.

"I don't agree." George said.

"Neither do I." Fred said.

"It doesn't matter. If it were some order member you would be fine with it." Juliet said plainly, going into her no emotion mode. "Do you think I would do this if we had any other option. I'm not going to argue with you about this."

"Can we at least talk about it before you decide anything?" He asked, giving her a look.

"I guess I'll get back to you on it tomorrow." Juliet said to Kingsley.

With that, the order meeting was dismissed and everyone went home. Fred decided to go home with Lee, who joined the order as well, so the two of them could be alone. He had never seen them fight, and didn't want too.

"You can't just make decisions like that alone anymore. We are together, and that means that your decisions affect me too." George told her as she walked into the flat.

"I know they do, but I have to do this." Juliet said to him.

"No, you don't. Someone else can." He said back.

"A dozen muggles, and two wizards died on that bridge today." Juliet told him emotionlessly. "and only more will. If I go, then I'll be able to stop it."

"You need to think about yourself. There is no telling what they'll do to you, or what they will make you do." George pointed out.

"I know. I know, but-" Juliet started.

"Think about me. Please just don't do this." George told her, desperation slipping through his voice.

"I am. I can make sure they don't hurt you if I'm there. " She pointed out, trying to convince him. "I know that you don't want me to go, and I don't want to leave you, but it's whats right. There's nothing more I can do from this side."

George knew that there was nothing more he could do to convince her, so with tear filled eyes he pulled her into him and kissed her like they would never see each other again. Neither of them knew if they would, and Juliet kissed him back, making the first move to take it further. If this would be her last night with him, she'd make it one to remember.

Leaving him was harder than she imagined it would be, but she knew it was the right thing. She placed a kiss on his bare chest with tear filled eyes and forced herself out of bed, knowing if she didn't do it now, she never would. He would wake up in an hour or two to an empty bed and a note saying 'I love you.' which Juliet couldn't help but place on the pillow beside him.

Violet was surprised when the door to her room was opened at such an early time int he morning, and even more surprised to see it was Juliet that opened it.

"If I go, do you promise they'll be safe?" Juliet asked her.

"Unless they do something rash." Violet reminded.

"Fair enough." Juliet said, tossing Violet something. It was her wand. "Let's go."