Gone (37)

George woke up to the door of the shop below bursting open. He jumped up in fright, and pulled on the nearest pair of pants he could quickly. Throwing on a shirt, he rushed out of the room with his wand ready. Juliet was gone.

"What's going on?" George yelled, when he realized it was the order.

"Violets gone, we thought maybe she came here." Remus told him. George just lowered his wand. "Where's Juliet?"

"She-" George started, it hurt to even think about where she had gone. "She left."

"She left? Where did she go?" Fred asked surprised. She wouldn't leave the house if she had the day off.

"Where ever Violet is, I'm sure." He answered, a frown evident on his face. "We talked about her going, I just figured she would wait and tell you guys."

"He's right, she left this." Kingsley said walking up, holding a piece of paper.

"I'll be back this time next week. We'll talk then, and I'll let you know a further plan. From, Juliet." Remus read out loud. "Did she leave you a note, George?"

"Yeah but all it said was I love you." He shrugged, putting his hands in his pocket. He felt empty, like a piece of him was missing.

"Do you think Sherlock knows anything?" Fred asked, remembering the fight that the two of them had a while back.

"I'll call him." George said, going up the stairs to get his phone. He noticed Juliet had taken hers with her, and thought about calling her. He knew he couldn't though. The phone rang a few times before being answered.

"Hello?" It was John who answered the phone.

"Hi. It's George, Juliet's boyfriend." George said, heading back out to where the other order members were.

"George, right. Is everything alright?" John asked.

"Did Juliet stop by this morning?" He asked, walking down the stairs.

"No, she didn't. Is something wrong?" John asked, getting worried. The phone was taken out of John's hand by Sherlock.

"She took Violet and left didn't she?" Sherlock said excitedly. His excitement made him angry, and his steps faltered. "Good."

"No! That is in no way a good thing." George said loudly to him. "She wouldn't have even thought of going if you hadn't brought it up. She is putting her life in danger because you made her believe it was the right thing to do."

"Well it is." Sherlock said from the other end of the phone. Everyone was looking at George curiously, noticing his angry face.

"Do you have any idea what could happen to her?" George yelled angrily. "Your daughter could die and you would be happy about it. You are a terrible excuse for a father and a human being."

"He hasn't seen her." George said through grit teeth,after hanging up the phone. He was going to pay for that in the future, but he didn't regret it one bit.

=====================

Juliet was welcomed with open arms- after being subjected to questioning about her true intentions of being there. She convinced them that Violet made her realize where she truly belonged.

She was lead through the corridors of Malfoy Manor by Violet and another death eater she didn't learn the name of yet, with Violet chatting avidly about how happy she was about Juliet's decision. She was lead into what looked to be a dining room, where she was told their mother was waiting for them. Upon entering she noticed her mother was not alone, but accompanied by the dark lord himself. She was not filled with fear at the sight of him, merely curiosity.

"Juliet, how good of you to join us." Her mother said with a snarl like smile. Juliet could tell that she really was pleased to see her.

"I apologize for the wait." She responded confidently.

Juliet adapted a whole new persona the second she broke Violet out. She couldn't be the her she was when with George. She needed to be strong, cold, and confident. She needed to make them believe that she belonged. She felt a tug in the back of her mind, and her eyes flew up to meet those of the dark lord. He was trying to invade her mind.

"Juliet. I've heard a lot about you." He said to her in a hiss like voice. "Impress me, show me what you can do."

"What are you referring to, sir?" Juliet asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Violet was standing quietly in the corner, wondering how she could speak to him so casually.

"Can you do more than one thing?" He asked.

"One is a magical ability, one is learned." She said, gaining his attention. She made a small sink hole on the floor underneath a chair, making the chair disappear under the earth. She summoned the chair back, placing it on top of the freshly turned patch of dirt.

"Now, Show me the learned." He demanded.

"The man you've got stationed at the door." Juliet said, pointing to the man whose eyes widened in fear. "He's new. Started about a week ago. He's in his mid-thirties, with three children and a large cat. When he's not here he works as an aurar, or having sex with his secretary without his wife knowing. Left handed, scared of spiders, allergic to peanuts."

"Is that true?" Voldemort said to the man, raising his eyebrow. The man nodded with a scared look. "All of it?"

"Her father use to do the same bloody thing." Bellitrix said, rolling her eyes.

"Interesting." He said, noting how useful her talents will be to him.

She was taken to a large bedroom, which Violet explained would be for her. Violet closed the door behind them, and cast a silencing spell on the room.

"I didn't tell them you were in the order." Violet told her, quietly. "I told them you kept me at dads."

"Why?" Juliet asked her curiously. She didn't understand.

"So they would trust you. I miss having a sisters, and if they knew they'd make you go back to spy on them." Violet muttered. "I know why you are really here, speaking of spying."

"I don't understand. Why haven't you told on me then?" She asked her.

"Because I think you'll like it here, and you'll leave that life behind you." Violet answered. "We were made for this! In war, for war. You'll realize that this is where you belong, not with the happy ginger who runs a joke shop."

"I love him, Violet, and I always will. Even if I do end up happy here, I won't be as happy as I am with him." Juliet told her sincerely. "Have you thought about joining my side?"

"No, actually I haven't." She said. A confused look crossed her face, and with that she stormed out, taking the silencing spell with her.