First Proper Christmas (29)

Juliet woke up in Christmas morning to the twins jumping all over her bed. It seems like they were excited enough to be awake before her.

"Wake up! It's Christmas." George said, noticing she was beginning to wake up. She simply pushed him off the bed and put her head under the covers.

George motioned to Fred that he could handle it, and he got off the bed and stood aside. He gathered up Juliet and her peach colored blanket in his arms and began to carry her down the stairs.

"If you won't get up, I'll just have to bring you myself." George said. Juliet just rested her head on his shoulder comfortably and went back to sleep, making Fred laugh along with George.

"Why do you have a big blanket?" Sirius asked when they met everyone in the living room.

"The blanket contains Juliet." Fred said, pointing to the brown hair sticking out of the bundle. "She wouldn't get up."

"And she's gone right back to sleep." George said, putting her down on the sofa.

"She better wake up before the others get down here! I want to open things!" Sirius said loudly, making the twins laugh. They were still waiting for the golden trio to get down.

Juliet sat up a short time later, and put herself on the floor next to the twins still wrapped up in her blanket.

"How do you guys do Christmas?" Juliet asked, "and why did I have to get up?"

"Presents!" Sirius said excitedly.

"We open presents, then eat breakfast, then play with our presents." Fred said happily.

"What do you do for Christmas?" George asked her confused.

"John stops by with Rose for a while and we exchange gifts, then they leave and we solve a murder or something. We use to visit my grandparents until they died." Juliet said, bored. "Oh, and we go to the Scotland Yard Christmas event that they do. Fancy dress and cocktails type thing, I'm meeting my dad there later."

"So, you don't have any family traditions or anything?" Ginny asked surprised.

"Nope." Juliet answered casually.

"So this is your first real Christmas?" George asked her,

"In your terms, yes." She responded.

"Lets make it a good one then!" Sirius said excitedly, as the rest of the people came down the stairs.

Juliet was pleased to find that she had received her first Weasley sweater. She put it on instantly, almost blending into her blanket because they were both peach colored, but the sweater had a black 'J' on it.

Juliet had gotten the twins both a muggle phone, so she could talk to them quicker, and spent the rest of the time after breakfast teaching they how to work it. She was happy to say that she was having the best Christmas ever. All the kids were hanging out in the living room when suddenly George's new phone started to ring.

"Ah!" He said surprised, nearly dropping the phone causing Juliet to laugh. She motioned for him to hand it to her and she recognized the telephone number as her fathers.