An Eye for An Eye (58)

Juliet was called back to the Malfoy Manor not two hours later, to be questioned about why she thought that the boy that had wasn't Potter. Juliet admitted to her mistake, claiming that she couldn't be right all the time, earning a few classic punches in the face from the dark lord himself. In anger and frustrustration, he chained her up in the now empty dungeon.

He only kept her there a day, knowing that Juliet was not someone that they wanted on their bad side. He unchained her and told her nothing but the date for the next meeting, and saying that he wanted her back at Hogwarts immediately. He was starting to think that her head wasn't really in it, so she left without another word.

George wasn't home when she got back, and she figured he was with the order. She had been gone for 24 hours, and they had gotten news of Potter's escape, not knowing what happened to her. She wanted to heal herself first but knew that George was worried about her so she appreated to the orders meeting spot for that week. She knocked on the door, only to have it opened by George himself.

"Jesus, Juliet," He said, pulling her in and into a hug. "You scared the hell out of me."

"Sorry, I was a little tied up," She said, as he pulled away and finally saw the bruises on her face.

"What happened?" Kingsley asked, as George sat her down on a chair, pulling out a can of bruise cream, which she couldn't be happier that he had made.

"I got a call saying to go over, and Harry was there, but you all know that already." She said, remembering the briefing she gave them about what happened before. "He was pissed that I didn't say it was Harry when it was, and threw me in the cellar overnight. No big deal."

"No big deal?" George asked, picking her arm up and showing her the shackle marks on her wrists.

"I'm fine, George. Really he only hit me twice and left me alone the rest of the time" She told him comfortingly, "and he's over it. He just wants me back at Hogwarts early. Apparently, the students have gone wild while I was away, and the Carrow's, as much as they hate me, what me back to help."

"When?" George asked her, frowning at her injuried.

"Now" She ansewered, "but I'll wait till morning. He needs to know I'm not scared of him."

"Not scared of him. He's the dark bloody lord" George said quietly.

"I'm not scared of him because I know his time is limited" She told him confidently. "We are going to win."

Juliet left the next morning like she said she would, kissing George goodbye and promising to see him soon. She didn't want to leave him, knowing that with things as crazy as they were, she was making an empty promise. There was no telling if one of them would die before they saw each other again.

Juliet's arrival was enough for the students to fall back into line, as she let Neville out as soon as she got back. He gave a good preformence, making them think he didn't want to talk about what she did because it was too scarring. She hated the fear, but knew it was necessary.

Ginny got back from Christmas break and was releived to see Neville out and about. She wished she could thank Juliet, but she couldn't. Neville explained to her that he wanted to set up an escape room in the room of requirement, to help the students that couldn't be helped due to Juliet's cover, and Ginny of course thought the plan was brilliant, but would be better with Juliet included. She could help the students, and that way they knew that they didn't have to be afraid of her. Not for real anyway.

Thats how the students came to learn that Juliet wasn't actually bad, and the reason they didn't hear any of her specific punishments was because she didn't have any. That didn't stop them from acting like they hated her, because they valued her help .

As the weeks passed, Juliet became more and more certain that she had to get out of there. To leave the death eaters and go into hiding until Harry finally finished it all. This was because she had more then her own interest in mind now. As much as she planned to have kids in the future, life didn't have the same plans.

She had to get out of everything before they found out she was pregnant. It wouldn't be long before she started showing, and she wanted more than anything to tell George. He would be happy, scared too, but mostly happy.

It had been two and a half months since Christmas, when Juliet walked into the Great Hall and being greeted with the sight of her brother, Andrew, in chains in the middle of the room. All of the students were silent, as the Carrots stood over him. Just as Juliet was about to say something, Amycus Carrow sent a killing curse straight to his chest.

Everyone closed their eyes, expecting to hear the thump of his body on the ground, but instead were greeted with the sound of laughter. Humorless laughter, coming from Juliet.

"You've done it now Amycus" She said, when she was done laughing. "You've done it."

"I have, I've killed, Andrew Lestrange" he confirmed, proudly.

"No, I'm mean you've pushed me over the edge. Can anyone tell me what Amycus Carrows motto is? Anyone?" She asked the silent Hall. "HELLO?"

"An eye for an eye" A student answered from the Ravenclaw table.

"Yes! An eye for an eye!" She said with mock excitement. In reality she felt nothing.

"I don't understand" Amycus said to her confused.

"You killed my brother" She reminded him, stalking towards him and his sister, before grabbing her by the hair and pressing her want to her throat. "So I'm going to kill your sister."

"He was a blood trailer!" Amycus screamed, surprised by her actions.

"So am I" She said with fake surprise  "Tell your master that I quit"