Surgery

Chapter twenty-eight

Charles' POV: today is the day of the surgery. I am super nervous about it too. Even though it's my third it will still be scary. "Char do you need your camera?" Alli asks shaking me awake.

I groan and lay on my back. "No, I won't vlog it. They know what it's like." I stand up and go to get changed. "Ok well I will still pack it for after ok?" I nod and grab my IKT tank and some pants. I don't even care about what I'm wearing right now.

We all get into the car and go to the hospital. Once we arrive we go back right away and I get changed. "Good luck dad." Kristen says hugging me.

"Thanks Kristen. See you soon." I say as the nurses roll me down the long hallway. Time for surgery.

Kristen's POV: dad just went into surgery. Yes I am calling him dad and I'm calling Alli mom. It felt weird since I have been with them for two years now. We wait in the waiting room and play on our phone.

Eight hours later dad come out of surgery and is in recovery. We can see him in another hour is what the nurses told us. Alli left me with Momma Trippy and Papa Trippy. She had to put the babies down for a nap. She said she would be back soon so I just kept playing on my DS. "Kristen, want anything to eat?" Momma Trippy asks me. I shake my head, not looking up from my phone. I hear her sigh and sit next to me. "You need to eat Kristen." "I'm not hungry." I say still not looking up at her. I'm in the middle of super Mario and I can't look up. She sits back in her seat and I think she closes her eyes. I hear the waiting room doors open but I don't look up. I hear footsteps coming towards me and the next thing I know my DS is out of my hands. "Hey! I almost finished the level." I look up and see Alli holding my DS."You need to eat." She says turning my DS off."I don't want to! I wanna see dad." She sighs and sits on the other side of me."You can see him if you eat." She rubs my back and puts my DS in her bag."Fine." I stand up and walk to the cafeteria. I hear footsteps running up behind me and Alli comes up next the me. We walk to the cafeteria and I grab a sandwich and some water. "Get more food." Alli says putting things on her tray. I sigh and grab some chips and an apple."Happy?" I ask and she nods. We pay for the food and go sit at a table. After we eat she throws away our food and we walk to the waiting room. "Can we see dad now?" I ask as we sit down in uncomfortable plastic chairs. "Yes." She stands up and we walk to dad's room. We walk in and he is awake rambling on about who knows what to the doctors. "Hey Alli!" He says smiling. She walks over to him and lays her head on his chest. "I feel like this is your first surgery." She says. Her eyes start to sweet up and he motions for me to come over. I sit next to him and hug him. "How's your arm?" He lifts his left arm slower than his right arm but he can open and close his hands. We leave my dad's room and head home. I'm so tired I can't wait to sleep in my bed. Once we arrive home we go inside and I go to my room. I change into a WTK tank and some Nike pros. I lay in my bed and get a text from Avery.

'Heard about your dad. Hope he feels better. If you need my my phone is right by me if you want me to come over.'

'Thanks Avery. He is doing really good by the way and I will text you if I need you.'

I turn off my phone and start falling to sleep. I hear three knocks at my door and it opening."You know how we were going to the doctor and we said we had a surprise for you?" Alli asks sitting on my bed. I nod and sit up. "Well since we found out about the third surgery we never gave you the surprise. So here it is." She hands me a wrapped box and smiles at me. I smile back and look at the little tag on the box.

'Your journey begins here.' ~Charles and Alli

I smile at Alli and tear off the paper. I open the box and find three wrapped things inside. Did I mention it was a big box too. First thing I grab is a flat rectangle thing and open it up. "A cord?" I look at her confused. She nods and hands me a thick square box so I can open it. I unwrap it and it's a Canon camera. I smile at her and look down at the last thing. I have agreeing of what it is. I pick up a long rectangle box and wrap it. It's a MacBook Pro. I set the things on my bed and hug her. "Thank you." I say and she hands me a plain white bag. I open it and there is a twenty dollar iTunes gift card. "This is for apps to edit your YouTube videos for you new account that we will set up tomorrow. NOT for your phone. Got it?" I nod and hug her again. "Get to bed ok?" I smile and lay the things back in the box and put it on my floor. "Night." I say and she kisses my head. "See you in the morning." She says closing my door. I roll over and close my eyes."Ok, ok thanks. I'll see you soon, bye." I hear Alli say and then she opens my door. "Hey, someone wants to talk to you." Alli says shaking me awake. "Who?" I say sitting up in my bed. She smiles at me and hands me her phone.

"Hello? Who is this?"

"Kristen! Hi, guess who it is!" I think for a minute then smile at Alli.

"Aunt Melissa! I missed you. When are you going to be here?" I hear her laugh into the phone.

"I'm seeing my brother today so I will come by before to pick you up. Ok?"

"Ok! Is Alli coming too?" I look over at Alli and she nods.

"If she wants to she can. See you soon Kristen, behave until I come. Bye."

"Bye." I hang up the phone and hand it to Alli. "Ok can you get ready please?" Alli asks me and puts her phone in her pocket. I nod and search for clothes to wear. I pick out a Destin, Florida shirt that is purple with pink workout shorts and grey flip flops. I put my hair in a messy bun and put some purple sun glasses on. I walk out of my room and go into the twins room. "Anyone in here?" I ask peeking my head in. I hear some laughing and I open the door all of the way. "Hi you two." I say picking them both up. Anna is liking me better than she did before. I kiss their foreheads and walk to the kitchen. "Thanks Kristen. My mom can't make it because she has to run errands and everything so we have to take care of the babies." I nod and put both babies in their high chairs. I change my case on my phone to the 'nerds' case and sit down at the table. "Come and get your food please." I sigh and stand up. I grab my bagel and orange juice and sit down. After I finish eating I hear a car horn and clean up the babies. "MOM! Aunt Melissa is here!!" I yell grabbing everything we need and running out the door. Alli helps me put the babies in their car seats which are on both sides of me. "Aunt Melissa you need a van." I say laughing. "Well I only have Tyson so I don't need a van." We all ride in silence until we reach the hospital. We all walk in holding either a baby or bags. "What's the patients name?" A middle aged woman asks my mom. "Charles Trippy." Mom says and the woman smiles. "It will be about twenty minutes. He is in therapy right now and will be out before next week." I smile at Alli and Aunt Melissa hugs her. We l sit down and I play my DS. "Let me see!" Anna shouts pushing buttons on my DS. "ANNA! Stop!" I push her away and try continuing my game, "MOM!! Anna messed my DS up!! The game is all messed up now! I have to restart!" Alli stands up and grabs Anna and puts her on her lap. "Let me see it." I hand her my DS and she presses some buttons. "Here." She hands it back and it works again. I roll my eyes and smile. "Party for Charles Trippy!" A young woman shouts and we all stand up. We follow her to a recovery room and open the door. Charles smiles at us and Alli walks over to an empty chair and sits Anna in it. "Stay." Anna crosses her arms and silently cries. Ain't Melissa goes over to Charles and hugs him. "How's my big brother?" She asks him. "Could be better." We all laugh and talk for a while till the doctor comes in. "We have decided since Charles is doing so good that he can go home tomorrow." The doctor says and we all thank him and hug Charles. "Kristen wanna go get lunch?" Aunt Melissa asks me. I nod and walk towards the door. "Alli you staying here?" Aunt Melissa asks. Alli nods and we leave the hospital. "What do you want?" She asks me as we get into the car. I shrug and sit back in my seat. "I don't know. Just keep your eyes in the road. I'm going to sleep." She laughs and drives for a little bit.

--------------------------------------------

Hey guys! It's morning where I am. Well one in the morning. Please comment ideas! Also vote and tell your friends. Please get my story to 3k reads. Should I do something good or bad with them? Comment ideas PLEASE!