-crush x insecure!anxious!reader//pretty pt 2-

part 2! whoop

also 1.7k reads thank you!

just a reminder, the things in italics are you thinking. enjoy :)

______________

previously:

"I-uh...."

"Do you, um, want to sit with me and (C/N/B/F)?" He asked hopefully.

But what if they made fun of me for how I eat or sit or...

...maybe i should sit...

yeah...

trigger warning- read only if you're comfortable with this!!!

You slowly made your way to the boys and sat as far from (c/n) as you could to avoid them making fun of you. 

You quietly picked at the lid of the fruit cup as the two boys ate their lunches. You could cut the awkwardness in the air with a knife. 

"Uh, so, (y/n), do you like parties?" (c/n/b/f) piped up. "(c/n) was having his birthday party with a few people and he wanted to know if-" 

(c/n) elbowed him in the side, face pink. You shifted nervously.

why would he invite you to (c/n)'s party?

"So? Do you?"

"I, um..." You stuttered. You were sure your face was burning up and the two boy's stares burning into the side of your head definitely  weren't helping. "...no, not really..."

(c/n)'s face fell into a frown. 

"B-but, I guess I could go, this once..." You said, voice trailing into a whisper. 

"Great!" exclaimed (c/n/b/f). "It's tonight at 6! Don't bother bringing anything except yourself!" With a wink, the boy ran off leaving you with (c/n). 

"(y/n), you don't need to go if you're not comfortable...i understand." (c/n) said quietly. 

"um..." 

The slight breeze blew your (h/l) hair around and you quietly sat thinking. The reasons you shouldn't go overtook the good reasons and you prepared to reject the offer without sounding like some antisocial crazy person...

"I'll go." you said, the firmness in your voice surprising both you and (c/n). 

Why did i say that?

"Cool! I'm happy you'll come!" (c/n) joyfully said. 

just try to have fun for once.... 

time skip to before the party (sorry if this is bad so far) 

You tugged at the shirt that was too short and the jeans that were too tight. Sure, it was nice that the shirt had long sleeves and that the pants were, well, pants, but they just couldn't seem to fit you like they fit the models in the store catalog or how you wanted. 

You checked the time. 5:30. You had time. 

You pulled a brush through your hair and styled it into something simple. You grabbed your phone and ran out the door before you could change your mind. 

---

You stood outside the door to what you were told (c/n)'s house was. As you slowly raised your hand to knock, the door swung open to reveal a very happy (c/n/b/f) holding an airhorn.

"Hiya, (y/n)!!!!! (c/n) is in the kitchen!!! come on in!!" He yelled and blew the airhorn in your face. 

You scrunched your face at the noise from the airhorn and reluctantly followed (c/n) inside.