-crush x reader//valentines special!!-

ughhhhhh it's been so long since i updated and i'm so sorry i'm just extremely busy and kinda sick and blehhhh

i'm so so sorry if you've been waiting forever on a request i'm trying my best to make time to update ._.

butttt since todays valentine's day i decided, 'let's write a one shot for valentine's day'. wowie. ***PLUS i'm keeping the pronouns gender neutral so everyone can read this and relate :')

well here you go! and if you're like me and chickened out before giving your crush a valentine, i feel ya! and congratulations if you asked out someone or got asked out by your crush or someone else! and if you're lonely (like me) well i feel ya there too. hhhHHH why do i have to be lonelY

-------

You lied on your couch, face down in a pillow. Today was probably the worst Valentine's Day ever. 

First off, you attempted to talk to your significant other, (c/n), and give them one of those meme valentines. You had also wrapped up a bag of their favorite candies and wanted to give it to them as a Valentine gift, but they completely blew you off when you tried to talk to them. You tried once more later in the day, but with no avail. 

Second, when you tried to talk to (b/f/n) about it, they briefly listened and said they had to go, not looking up from their phone. 

Third, when you went to get some coffee, you saw (b/f/n) and (c/n) hurrying to (c/n)'s car with some shopping bags, laughing and smiling. 

And fourth, you spilled said coffee on your legs when you were sitting alone on a bench. 

It didn't help that (c/n) or (b/f/n) wouldn't reply to your texts. 

So here you were, head buried on the couch, trying to stifle tears alone on Valentine's Day, when you should be spending time with (c/n). But no, you weren't. 

You decided to open up the chocolates that were for (c/n), because it seemed as if you wouldn't be giving those to them at this point. You ate the chocolates and began to feel tears trickle down your cheeks. Was it possible (c/n) didn't want to hang out anymore, or what if they found you annoying? And was (b/f/n) mad at you?

You fell back and sighed, not really caring if you choked on the chocolates you shoved in your mouth. Your phone started ringing, causing you to groan and roll over. It was probably your mom or someone wishing you a Happy Valentine's Day, and you didn't particularly want to talk when you were sulking and pigging on chocolates intended for someone else. 

Your eyes looked over to your phone, and you actually started choking when you saw who it was. After you finished coughing, you grudgingly picked up the phone.

"What?" You snapped. 

"Oh, uh, hi (y/n)!" (c/n) awkwardly chirped. "How's it going?" 

"Terrible." 

"That's...not good..." (c/n) trailed off. It was quiet for a little bit. "Hey, uh, I'm sorry for ignoring you earlier...I had to do something...but I need to ask you a huge favor." 

You groaned. "And what is that?" 

"Could you...uh...please come over my house? Like now? I need your help with this...uh...project? Yeah, the science project. Now. Thanks! You're the best!" (c/n) hung up and you rolled your eyes. 

You knew you probably shouldn't go over, but something told you to go. You dragged yourself to the bathroom to touch up your disgruntled appearance, and went on your way to (c/n)'s. 

You begrudgingly rang their doorbell and crossed your arms. If this was a prank, you'd more than likely punch the nearest living being. 

(c/n) opened the door wearing a huge, goofy grin. You had too look away from the adorableness of their face. 

"Hi (y/n). Happy Valentine's Day. Come on in! Let me take your jacket!" (c/n) spoke in an over-enthusiastic tone. You furrowed your eyebrows as you slowly followed (c/n) into his house. You grew increasingly suspicious as you noticed the scent of...food? (c/n) never cooked. 

They took your jacket, and then gently covered your eyes. You slapped their hand away. 

"HEY! Don't touch me!" You snapped. 

"But I need to cover your eyes or else you'll ruin the surprise!" (c/n) whined, pouting. 

"I can close my eyes by myself just fine." You squinted your eyes at (c/n). 

"Fine. I'll just pull you over there then." (c/n) raised their eyebrows. "So can I touch your arm for a few seconds?" 

You rolled your eyes but nodded. When their hand brushed your arm, it felt...nice. You didn't actually realize you'd feel that way right now. 

(c/n) slowly guided you through their house, and stopped you. "Open your eyes."

You figured it was something cheesy, but when you opened your eyes, you found that (c/n) completely cleaned up their kitchen and prepared a nice little candlelight dinner. You let out a small laugh and looked over to (c/n). 

"You're so cliche." You grinned. (c/n) noticed your change in attitude and a smile grew larger on their face. 

"See? I even made your favorite meal, (f/f)!" (c/n) proudly said. "I mean, of course (b/f/n) helped me, but I did it! Mostly." 

You laughed. "So that's what you were doing with them! I was getting suspicious." 

"Hey, you know I'd never cheat on you. You are too sweet and pretty to do that to." (c/n) said, reaching over to you and cupping your cheeks. "Listen, I love you. Always know that." 

You laughed and blushed. "I love you too." 

(c/n) leaned in and your lips crashed together. You closed your eyes and melted into the kiss, your arms wrapping around each other. When you parted, You rested your forehead on (c/n)'s. You were smiling uncontrollably. 

"Happy Valentine's Day." (c/n) whispered. 

-------

i hope y'all enjoyed! that took a realllyyy long time to write and i hope it was alright! ik it got cheesy at some parts, but whats the harm in that

i hope all of you have/had a good valentine's day!