❄️holiday special #2❄️

request from ShipperQueen123 ! i hope u enjoy!

p.s.- it's christmas eve for me, so if you celebrate that holiday, then merry christmas!!! 

------

Today was the day you were holding your annual Christmas party at your house. Everyone looked forward to it each year. This time, you tried to go all out by inviting more people, decorating even more, and getting more pizza. 

You had the usual seasonal party stuff, like a gift exchange, cookies, and even mistletoe. (b/f/n) somehow convinced you getting the mistletoe was a good idea, since you usually invited (c/n) to these. 

"Maybe, if you're lucky, you could catch him under the mistletoe!" She had said, winking at you as the two of you bought decorations. 

You put the last finishing touches on everything and set up all the food. Soon, many people were arriving and your house grew pretty crowded. 

You were sitting at a table with (b/f/n), (c/n), and a few of your other friends when you saw her. 

(r/n). 

"Wait..why is she here?" (b/f/n) groaned. 

"I-I have no idea..." You stuttered.

"Oh, well look who it is! (y/n)!" She sneered, looking you up and down. You gulped. 

"And if it isn't (c/n)! Honey, why are you sitting with that?" (r/n) stalked over to your table and placed her hands on your cheeks. (ok but why am i imagining (r/n) as the other mother from coraline??) 

"You don't deserve (c/n) here, or let alone any of the stupid people who came to your pathetic little party." 

"U-uh-well, you're here...so...?" You stammered, bracing for her reaction. 

"Did you just call me stupid? Little brat. You're worthless, ugly, and, well, stupid too."

Her words stung you, and you tried to fight back tears. "W-what did I do to you?!"

"You were born, you brat. Now get your worthless self out of here before I do it myself!" (r/n) yelled, her fist getting dangerously close to your face. "Get. OUT!" 

You stumbled out of your chair, crashed open the back door, and ran out to your backyard. 

By this time, the tears were falling and you hated that you looked like a pushover in front of (r/n). You made your way over to a bench under a tree and cried.

You tucked your head between your knees and shut your eyes, letting what the girl said really go to your head.

Did she really mean all that? Was it true what she said?

You cried harder and didn't notice someone sit next to you. 

It was your party after all! What business did she even have here to tell you to get out? 

You cried even more with rage, but felt someone's arms wrap around your balled-up figure. 

"Hey, it's alright." A voice whispered. You were too deep in thought to recognize the voice, so you looked up. The tears on your face shined. 

"...mistletoe." (c/n) said, pointing upwards at a tree branch, where (b/f/n) had hung a strand. 

Before you could register what he had said, (c/n)'s lips crashed into yours. You closed your eyes and smiled into the kiss. When you pulled apart, you found that your crying stopped, and you were wearing a lopsided smile.

"Best Christmas gift ever," you muttered, lightly touching your lips. (c/n) wrapped you in a tight hug and you buried your head in his chest, still smiling like an idiot.

———

hope you guys enjoyed! have a happy holiday!!