-crush x emo!reader//earbuds-

request from Shadlet4Ever , i hope this is what you wanted :)) 

also, idk if this caused anyone's notifications to be spammed or not, but last week i went to unpublish my other one shots book and i accidentally unpublished this one, sooooo, i had to go back and re-publish all 42 chapters. so sorry if this spammed any of your notifications :'(

--------

You tramped your way down the hall, your earbuds in, not particularly wanting to be here. Your converse made loud snapping noises as you made your way to class. 

You quietly slid into your desk chair, turning down your music slightly. You shifted in your hoodie and gazed around the classroom, watching your classmates file in. As you watched, you met eyes with certain boy and quickly averted your eyes, feeling your face flush. It was not a good idea to make eye contact with (c/n).  

"Hey (y/n)." A voice said. You looked up and saw you-know-who sitting in front of you, like usual. 

You raised an eyebrow and took out an earbud. 

"Whatcha listening to?" (c/n) chirped. 

"Music," You said, frowning. 

"Like whaaat?" He pushed. 

"Music." You pushed back. 

"What's the song called?" The boy smirked, knowing this got to you. 

You sighed, holding the bridge of your nose. "Why do you care?" You questioned. 

"I want to know what my favorite happy smiley friend is listening to." He continued, grinning. 

You felt your face heat up a little. "I-er-I'mjustlisteningtomusic!" 

"OK, that's all you needed to say the first time." (c/n) smiled, gave a little wave, and turned back around in his desk. 

This had become a daily routine, (c/n) teasing and bothering you about what you were listening to on your earbuds, always with a huge goofy smile on his face. You hated it, but you secretly looked forward to getting some attention from your crush, even if it was obnoxious. 

Later, as you walked through the halls to leave the school at the end of the day, you were met by smashing into an unfamiliar torso. 

"Look who it is!" The voice said. Its all too familiar ring caused you to roll your eyes. 

"Mhm. It's me, (y/n)." You frowned and tried to walk around (c/n) to avoid embarrassment, but he grabbed your shoulders and stopped you in your tracks. 

"Hey. I have something to tell you." He said seriously, searching your face. 

You blushed at the closeness of the two of you and shoved your hands in the pockets of your hoodie. "Ok." You mumbled. 

(c/n) sighed. "How do I say this?" He looked away, and your frowned. You figured it was some piece of stupid gossip about you or he had to tell you something mean. 

"Hey, if it's involving me and something shitty save it. I've heard enough." You furrowed your eyebrows, putting up your guard. You didn't want to get heartbroken from your own crush, not today. 

"I-it's-it's not! I thought it would make you happy so I-" (c/n) broke off and looked at you for a minute, before quickly pressing his lips on yours. He quickly pulled away, covered his face, and fell back onto a locker. 

You touched your lips in a daze and looked over to (c/n), a blushing mess. "W-was that a dare or a joke or what? No one wants to kiss the weird emo girl." 

"No one except me. It...it was a dare, but from (c/n/b/f) to confess to you. I kinda did the kiss thing on a whim..." He  chuckled, looking over to you. "And for the record, I don't think you're weird." 

"Oh, uh, well...thanks, I guess." You grinned genuinely. Blushing, (c/n) walked to you and wrapped an arm around your shoulder, walking you out of school. 

"So can you tell me what you were listening to today?" (c/n) said, smirking. 

"Nope. I guess you'll never find out." you laughed, looking up at (c/n). 

"Come onnnn!" He whined, pulling you closer. 

You buried your face in his arm. "Nope." 

So, your walk home was filled with hugs and giggles and you not telling (c/n) about your music. 

--------

that was short and cute (just like my crush hehe) 

plus, 50k reads on this?!? what the heCK?!?!??

thanks for reading, voting, commenting, and requesting! i'm trying my best to quickly update but i'm very busy so its kinda difficult atm :<

byeee for now