-mixed feelings!crush x depressed!reader//project-

an old request from QueenOfNekoWriters !!! it's taken a while to get to this one shot, and if you still read my book, please enjoy!!!

also i'm probably doing a q&a for a 100k special, so if you have any ideas for questions you'd like me to answer let me know! 

--------

"And our final pair, (c/n) and (y/n). So now please get in your groups, and you can start planning with your partner for the project! Don't forget; it's due at the end of the week! Only 3 classes to work!" Your teacher said. 

You sighed. Yes, you did have a crush on (c/n)-no, scratch that- a huge crush on (c/n), but honestly, you were afraid to work with him. He probably wouldn't want to work with the sad girl. No one wants to work with the sad girl. Pushing back your intrusive thoughts, you grabbed your things and walked over to (c/n)'s table. 

"Hey," (c/n) said, looking up at you and giving you a lopsided smile. You managed a smile back at him. 

"So what do you want to do for the project? I know we need to do some sort of report on a science thing," You looked up at (c/n) who was staring at you. You gulped. "W-what were you thinking?" 

"Whatever you want, but I was thinking maybe something about space? It's easy enough," He said, leaning back in his chair. 

"Hmm..." You said quietly, thinking hard about something he'd might be interested in. "Oh! Maybe we could do something about supernovas, like dying stars? That seems cool to me." 

(c/n) nodded. "Yeah. Cool." 

"You don't seem very happy with that. We can do something else if you want." You sighed, looking at the boy. 

"No, whatever you like I'm completely ok with." He said, smiling and nodding. 

"Alright then. Ok, so, let's research now, and put what we find in a document? Sound good?" You said, trying to get the boy's attention. 

"Yeah. Uh-huh." He said. 

You opened a document and started researching. You wanted to make this project as great as possible for not only your grade but (c/n)'s. After a while you looked up to the boy, who was concentrating hard. 

"How much do you have done?" You asked. 

(c/n) turned his screen to face you and smiled a little. "It's not much but I got some good stuff." 

"Oh nice! I thought you'd have a lot less, to be honest," You laughed lightly. "I wrote about a page and a half, if you'd like to look it over." 

"Ok." (c/n) said, looking back to his screen. You furrowed your brows. Was this the only reaction you'd get for your hard work?

You were going to ask him what you should bring tomorrow when the bell rang. "Hey, (c/n)!" You yelled over the clamor of the class packing up. "Should I bring some poster stuff tomorrow?" 

"Whatever you want, but it would help." (c/n) said back. "I'm going to do more research tonight." 

You nodded, packing up your things. Mentally, you thought of all the things you had to do tonight. 

The next day, you set down the posterboard, colored paper, glue, and markers on your table. You were out running around to craft stores all night, and since all of your grade was doing this project, everything was already super picked over by the time you got to the store. When you got back, you did even more research and typed everything into nice, neat paragraphs. After that, you read over everything else and checked the rubric to see if things were ok. All this stress was getting to you, and you ended up falling asleep on your desk only to wake up at 4 in the morning, groggy and upset.