-crush x tsundere!reader-

request from Nightwing_StarGazer - They wanted it to be based off the song "it's not like i like you okay" so the song is up top if you want to listen to it while u read! i thought the song was pretty cute in my opinion and i had fun writing enjoy!!

----

You sat alone at your desk, working on a drawing for your art class. Even though the classroom was loud, you found your corner to be nice and peaceful until- 

"Hey! That' s pretty good!" (c/n) said happily, plopping down beside you. 

"No one asked you!" You said, blushing. 

(c/n) just smiled and tried to put his arm on your shoulder, but you quickly reacted and smacked his arm off you, blushing even more. "Get off me, idiot!" 

(c/n) smiled and looked away, thinking about holding hands with you. He sighed and looked over at you, leaning in your direction to put his head on your shoulder. 

"Wha- get off me!" You said, blushing a g a i n. 

"My girl's such a tsundere!" (c/n) said, winking at you. 

You looked down to try to hide your blush, but you could tell you were doing a terrible job based on the wide grin covering (c/n)'s face. 

"You know, your hair looks nice today." The smiling boy said to you. 

"H-hey! (c/n)! That was a direct attack towards me!" You yelled, standing up. 

"Oh no! The little cat found me out!" (c/n) said, putting his hands up and giggling. 

"You stupid octopus! Take that back now!" 

"And why am I an octopus now?" (c/n) laughed. 

"Why am I a cat?" You continued, crossing your arms. 

 "er- Because cats are cute!" 

"Go away!" You yelled, trying your best not to blush for the millionth time. 

You sighed. You really liked (c/n), but you were scared to like him because you didn't want him to think you were stupid and that he wouldn't like you back. He always jokes around and laughs at you...but you secretly hoped he meant what he said. 

"I do! I thought you knew that!" (c/n) said. 

"WHa-what? I didn't say anything!" 

"ok~" (c/n) said, smirking. 

"Maybe if I let my guard down... we could hold hands or something like that..." You mumbled to yourself. 

"AH! We could!!! YES!" (c/n) cheered, making you blush even more. 

"Nonono! I'm not talking about you!!" You screeched, covering your face.

"You're totally a tsundere, (y/n)." 

"No I'm not! I'm not that mean!" You said quietly, the tiniest smile painting your face. "I have...a...jello heart." 

"Awww! So cute! You're blushing." 

"N-no, I'm not. I forgot my sunscreen and I got burnt on my way to school!" 

"But your smile is really cute though!" (c/n) grinned again. 

"I'm sure you've never seen it." You deadpanned, looking away. 

(c/n) frowned a bit. "I just wanted to let you know..." 

It was quiet for a little bit, but you finally worked up your courage to talk to (c/n).

"uh...um...hey?"

"You ok?" (c/n) asked. 

"Um, well...Are you free today?" You said, praying he didn't say no but also wishing he would. 

"Ooooh! Why do you want to know??" (c/n) wiggled his eyebrows at you and smiled. 

"It's not like I like you, ok!" You spat, feeling like your face turned into a tomato. 

"Alrighty! Where would you want to go?" (c/n) smiled innocently, his eyes sparkling. "We could get a boat and sail and look at the cute animals in the water." 

"That sounds really stupid." 

"OOH! How about a classic candle-light dinner! Or, we could tell scary stories until really late tonight and then we could cuddle!" 

"And have you get Cheeto crumbs all over me? No! Gross!" 

"You're so dense, girl!" 

"Ugh! This is just some fantasy in your head! Go away!" You grumped. 

"Whatever. I repeat: You're such a tsundere!" (c/n) smirked at you.

"Hey!" 

"Come on, we can just go to the park!" 

"Pffft. You wish." You crossed your arms and frowned. 

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeaase? Just say yes!" (c/n) begged, faking a pouty face. 

"Ugh, fine. Stupid Octopus." You said. 

"YAY!" (c/n) cheered, grabbing you into a hug. 

"...it's not like I'll enjoy it or anything." You giggled.