I

"Henry, come on! I wanna ride the bikes!"

"Hush, Thea! I'm coming!"

"Well come on faster! There's only so much time before the sun rises!"

"You don't think I know that?" He hissed while silently landing beside me. "I've been around a lot longer than you, Athena. I know how this whole thing works."

I rolled my eyes, proceeding to make my way out of our mansion of a house. "Are George and Emilia joining us?"

"I believe so, and it amuses me how you will say my clans' real names, yet I'm pretty sure you fail to even remember mine."

"Of course I know your real name, Henric. I just prefer Henry."

"Yes, and I suppose you're fond of George's name?"

I ran down the steps of our porch to the shed that had been made into the 'bike garage', stopping outside the door when I found it locked. I huffed in annoyance. "Why on Earth do you lock the shed?"

He blinked. "Never mind that, have you harbored feelings for George?"

"First of all, George is literally a thousand times my age so that would be revolting. Second, why do you always have to sound so-"

"Wise?"

"Elderly." I muttered, snatching the keys from Henry's hand. "I was going to say elderly."

He put a hand to his heart. "Thea, how could y-"

"Henric, run!"

We both turned around just in time to see Emilia fall to the ground with a piece of wood in her back, a pool of blood immediately starting to form around her. I let out a shriek as Henry pulled me inside the shed and locked the door.

"Get on a bike." He whispered, his hand reaching for the garage door opener.

I pulled it back down. "What about you?"

"I'll be fine, alright? I have to stay back and help my people. You have to go."

"What? No Henry, I won't leave y-"

"You have to." He hissed. "The markings on that wood was that of a Nephilim. No doubt they're here for you. My people are being slaughtered for you so you will make it out of here alive for them, alright?"

"Who's doing this? What would any Nephilim want with me?" I felt a rare tear roll down my face and he reached up to wipe it away with a pale finger.

"I don't know chica, but you have to go." He gave me a look saying that was final as he pushed me over to the bike rack.

"Where am I supposed to go?"

He thought about it for a minute while he unlocked the to the bike I was on. Then he looked up at me as something clicked in his brain, but it was as if his face fell as he let out the words. "New Yor-

"WHAT? No, no I can't go to New York. Henric pl-"

"Athena!" He grabbed my shoulders to stop me from shaking. "An old friend of mine by the name of Raphael Santiago lives in Brooklyn. He owes me a favour from ages ago. Tell him who you are— he already knows about you— and he'll take you in, alright?"