II

I continued to stare at him in shock. I'm pretty sure my jaw was laying on the floor by now. Magnus made his way over to me—his manor reminding me of Jack Sparrow—and put a hand under my chin, pushing it up.

"You're going to catch flies."

I blinked, moving backwards to press my back into the couch. Maybe I could disappear behind the cushions.

Magnus stood back, watching me through his cat eyes. "You don't have to be scared, Athena. I'm not going to hurt you."

"Why did you bring me here? How do you know who I-"

"Athena!" He yelled, gathering my attention once more. "One question at a time, alright?"

"I only asked two. Surely it shouldn't be too hard to answer those?"

He sighed. "I brought you here because you're wanted by many people and it is in my best interest to protect y-"

"Wanted? What the hell do you mean wanted? Why would I be wa-"

"Athena! Let me talk or I will-"

"Yeah, yeah shut me up with your magicy powers. Just hurry up."

He gave me one of those looks saying 'who the fuck do you think you are' but continued anyway. "I know who you are, well, because you're wanted-"

"Ok that's great! Wanted by who?"

"Have you ever heard of..a man named Valentine?"

My head shot up so I could meet his gaze. "He's the one that set up the attack. The man that killed Henric said that he was looking for me. But why on Earth would he be looking for me?"

"I don't know. I have no idea what Valentine would want with a Mundane." He looked around the room as if the answer was in the walls.

"Pardon? A what?"

The warlock brought his gaze back to me. "A mundane; regular humans, not part of the Shadow World."

"I'm sorry, but what the hell is the Sahdow World?"

Magnus gave me a look as if he was debating on telling me about what the hell was going on. I decided for him because a bitch is about to go out of her freaking mind if she hears one more thing that starts with shadow.

"If a dangerous, apparently super-human man is looking for me, there's not way you aren't telling me. Spill."

"Alright." He sighed, rolling his eyes. "God I wonder how on Earth those Vampires of yours put up with you. Anyway, the Shadow World is...well it's a world with magic or legends in a sense..."

"Uh huh. Great. That tells me absolutely nothing." I deadpanned.

"You'd learn a lot more if you'd be quiet and listen. Our world contains Down Worlders, Shadowhunters, and demons."

"What on earth is a-" My voice stopped working with the snap of his fingers. That little son of a b-

"Down Worlders include Werewolves, Vampires—which you're acquainted with—, Fair Folk, and Warlocks as myself. As for Shadowhunters, well it's just another classification for Nephilim-"

So Shadowhunters are the bad guys?

"-and then demons are demons. Any questions? Oh, right."

You little bastard!

"And as for you're question, which you haven't asked but probably would've, Shadowhunters are not all bad. Pains in the arse, but not all bad. Some Down Worlders hold grudges against them, but we have things such as accords to solve those. You'll find out all about this at the Institute.-"