XII

"Stephan?" I called out under the overhang of the old hotel. Since Jace wouldn't leave until he was sure I was safe, I asked him and Clary to stay back so the Vampires wouldn't get so hostile. "Steph-"

To the normal human ear, a sound as silent as a feather hitting the ground would've been audible. But I was raised with vampires and I had played hide and seek with them more times than days that were in a year. Not only could I hear their deadly silent movements, I could feel it behind me. I instantly turned around and was greeted by an unfamiliar man that looked around 20 or so.

"I take it that you're the famous Thea Westchester that Henric talks to fondly of?"

"In the flesh." I stood up straight and extended my hand. "Raphael Santiago?"

He took my hands and kissed it. "Ah so my old friend has mentioned me. What are you doing so far from home?"

Wait. "Stephan hasn't told you?"

He knitted his eyebrows together. "I don't know a Stephan."

What? "But– he said that he was part of your..."

Raphael suddenly looked alarmed. "Are there others w-"

"Thea, get inside!" I heard Jace's distant voce as Raphael sped me over to the other side of the building–which was very difficult while staying under the overhang– and pulled me inside through the side door.

Jace! No, no I need to help them!

"Raphael!" I yelled thrashing against him. "Let me go!"

"They'll be fine."

"No, I have to-"

I was cut off by my cellphone. Okay I didn't have any contacts on here, I only used it for music so how on ea-

The caller ID read 'Clary'

"Hello?"

"Thea? Thank the Angel you're okay."

"Jace? What are y-"

"I had Clary get your number. Are you hurt?"

"No, Raphael got me. Are you and Clary okay?"

"We're fine. We're going to go check up on that wolf and I'll come get you after, okay? Do not even think about stepping foot out of that building until I get back, understand?"

"Yeah. I have some catching up to do anyway." I glanced at Raphael who was watching me with interest.

"Stay safe, Thea. Please." He whispered the last part and the line went dead.

"You're friends..one of them wouldn't happen to be a blonde ShadowHunter by the name of Jace Wayland..?" Raphael spoke after I put my phone back in my pocket.

"Don't tell me he's started drama with you too."

"Oh wouldn't you love to know."

I mentally face palmed. "You're not going to kick me out now, are you?"

"No need to for that, but tell me about Henric. I'm taking things aren't alright?"