XI

A knock on my door brought me out of book. "Who is it?" I yelled, pulling my one of my earbuds out.

"The hottest, sexiest beast you've ever heard of."

"I didn't know Zac Effron was a Shadowhunter."

"Who is Zac Effron?" Jace asked with a puzzled look as he let himself in.

I gaped at him, partially because he didn't know who fricking Zac Effron, and partially because– well, it was Jace fric- fracking Wayland and I will never get over how good he always looked. Like ever. I will never get over how good all of the boys here looked. Like dayum.

"Ok quit checking me out and come on." He gestured to the door. "The sun's going down soon and I know you want to go see your vampire boyfriend."

I glowered at him. "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Whatever you say." He sang.

I pulled my other headphone out and closed my book. "So I can call Clary your girlfriend, then?"

He shot me a puzzled look. "Clary's not my girlfriend."

"Whatever you say." I mocked him. "So why are we leaving so early? Are you that eager to get rid of me?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No, Clary and I have to go snoop on a werewolf. He's her-" Jace shut up as soon as he saw the pointed look I was giving him.

"Clary's not my girlfriend." I mimicked him in a high pitched voice while tying my converse.
Jace gave me one those 'i'm so done with you and i really hate you' looks causing me to smirk and raise my hands in mock surrender. "I'm just saying."

He narrowed his eyes at me as I slipped past him into the hallway. "She's not my girlfriend." He muttered under his breath.

"But you wish she was?" I inquired as we made our way to the stairs that led to the main room.

"No."

"Yeah right. Like I said before, you're in deep."

"Where do you and Izzy even come up with this stuff?" He huffed as we rounded the corner and made our way down the stairs.

"Where did you come up with the idea that Stephan was my b- God it's to revolting to even speak aloud."

He rolled his eyes as I shuddered. "You snuck out to see him, not to mention that hug before he left last night."

"So what? Now hugs mean that people are together?" I scoffed, thinking back to our hug this morning. That didn't count; it didn't mean anything to him anyway. "That practically makes you and Clary married."

"Even if that's what I meant," he drawled. "I've never hugged Clary."

I stopped in my tracks in the middle of the heart to look at him. "WHAT? Oh my God, you guys need to hug right now."

He looked at me like I was crazy and walked on. "Why?"

I fell into step with him. "Why? Why? Because hugs lead to kisses and kisses lead to relationships! Something that you and Clary need to be a part of." Even if I don't like her. "Seriously, have you never read a romance book?"

He smirked. "So what you're telling me is that I'm going to get a kiss from you now?"

"What? No. The hug has to be one of affection and mean something to both people." I clarified.