VIII

I woke up in an unfamiliar room on an overly comfortable mattress. I was used to my old one back home in Georgia. Not one made out of what felt like memory foam.

"She's awake!" Izzy's familiar voice yelled from somewhere beside me before four familiar faces covered with concern were hovering above me.

"You look like shit." Were the first words that left Jace's mouth.

"Shut it." Both Izzy and Elias swatted him on the shoulder.

"I would come up with a clever comeback, but I'm currently not in the mood." I muttered and sat up as they all took a step back. "What time is it?"

"3 o'clock."

"Damn, what's that? Like fifteen hours? That's a record." I yawned. They all shared look, letting me know something was up. I narrowed my eyes at them. "What am I missing?"

"Y'all can break it to her." Alec raised his hands in mock surrender.

"Tell me what?"

"You were out for four days." Clary's voice came from the door.

"What?"

"I know," She said walking up to the edge of my bed with a resting bitch face. "Shocker."

I could't help the next words that came out of my mouth. I was just really curious. "Do you have a problem with me?"

She looked taken aback, her bitch face gone as she glanced at Jace. "Uh-"

"No, don't look at him. If you have something to say, say it to me. Well, unless it's about him?"

Clary stammered a bit but soon took up her bored look again. "You're a bitch."

Well that's ironic. "So I've been told."

"You don't belong here." She continued trying to get to me while the others just watched.

"I know." I sighed, looking at my nails.

"We may as well just send you back to Georgia."

"Clary." Jace gave her a stern look but she ignored it.

"Maybe they'll kill-"

"Clary, shut up." Elias warned her.

"-you just like they did your-"

"ENOUGH." I yelled and almost screamed at what happened next. Clary's jacket caught fire. And while she was trying to put it out–which she succeeded in (sadly)– everybody else was staring at me in complete and utter shock. I was too busy staring at Clary's smoking jacket.

"Thanks for the help." The redhead hissed once it was out. "Not like I caught fire or any-"

"She just set you on fire!" Alec snapped, turning his head to her. "Could you stop bitching for one second and focus on the bigger problem?"

I did that? Are you sure I did that? Because I think I would know if I could set things on fire.

"Thea?" Izzy's voice was merely a whisper. My eyes were still trained on Clary's jacket. I did it. I set it on fire. Well I think I did it."