X

He opened to two huge doors to reveal a huge library. I just stared at it in awe, taking in the sight of books everywhere. There was even a second story. I don't think I'd ever seen so many books at once and I loved to read so wow.

"I take you like it?" Jace asked with a smirk.

"I like it?" I breathed as I stared at the library in wonder. "I love it. I've never seen this many books in one place."

"You sure are fascinated by the simplest things." He chuckled.

"I think life's more interesting that way." I replied walking to one of the nearby bookshelves. "There's always a surprise; something you never saw coming."

When Jace didn't reply, I turned to look at him to see him staring at me in awe. I think. Although, I don't know why he would be staring at me in awe. I shrugged it off and turned back to the bookshelf, running my fingers over their spines. Then I saw it, and my hand froze, my whole body froze. Under my finger tips lay Pride & Prejudice, the book my mother used to read to me and my sisters every night. She never got to finish it though, and I could never bring myself to finish reading it.

"Thea?" I flinched as something came in contact with my shoulder, but soon realized it to be Jace's hand. I tried to shake it off, but he grabbed my other arm and turned me to face him. He was looking at me with pure concern and I couldn't help but fidget under his gaze. "Why are you crying?"

I quickly turned my head away and brought my hand to my face. Sure enough, there were tears. "The book just brought back memories." I gave him a small smile and broke out of his grasp, making my way to the next shelf.

"Good or bad?" He asked, falling into step beside me.

"Does it matter?"

"I'm just curios about y-"

"Well stop being curious." I snapped, turning to face him. "In fact just stop trying to figure me out or whatever it is that you're doing. I'm not even supposed to be here. I was never supposed to be here. And right now, I don't need you pestering me about my past when I shouldn't even know you." I instantly regretted the words when they came out of my mouth, but that didn't stop me from running out of the library and trying to find my way back to my room. I know he was just trying to help..I think although last time I checked, Jace was a dick. I just needed to be alone for a little bit and I didn't want to talk about my mom.

I eventually gave up looking and just sank back against a wall in a random hallway. Hopefully no one would come up here because I really just needed to be alone. I couldn't stop the tears that began to spill from my eyes as I thought about everything that had happened this past week. In fact, it was as if the reality of how fucked up my life was just hit me all at once.

Footsteps sounded from around the corner and I internally groaned. Please just go and leave me be. I need to be alone. And I swear to God if it's Jace–

"Thea?" I looked up at the sound of Elias's puzzled voice and without saying another word, he effortlessly picked me up to stand on my feet and hugged me. I didn't think I would, but I needed this hug. I wrapped my arms around his waste and sobbed into the crook of his neck while he soothingly rubbed his hand up and down my back. He didn't say anything, and thank God, because I did not feel like answering any questions at the moment.

                                ✗✗✗✗

I woke up starving. Although that was expected seeing as I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday morning and I hadn't eaten a full meal since days before that. Checking my phone which read 10am, and made my way to the kitchen. My scars were showing as I was only wearing nike shorts so I tried to make it quick so I wouldn't get any odd stares. To my relief, I didn't run into anyone on the way and the kitchen was empty as well. I kind of just wanted to be antisocial and stay in my room today. Sure I'd go out later tonight to see Stephan, but as for the day, bed and books sound fine, thanks.