XV

"I'm booooored." Both Izzy and I groaned simultaneously as we laid back on Izzy's king sized bed. The two of us were supposed to be hanging out with Clary this afternoon, but Clary had gone off on how she was super worried about her mother and went to find Jace instead of putting up with us. Which was very understandable but now Izzy and I still had nothing to do.

"Do you wanna train?" She asked while yawning.

"Izzy, we can barely keep our eyes open."

"So coffee?"

A thought suddenly occurred to me. "Have you ever been to Starbucks?"

"Star what?"

My head snapped to her and I shot off the bed, pulling her up with me. "Come on we're leaving."

"Thea..." She whined, sitting back on the bed.

"Oh come on! Don't you ever want to get out of here? I've heard Starbucks is really good and I want coffee so we're going. Besides, I haven't been around New York yet."

"But what about Valentine? You're not supposed to leave the institute." She countered.

My face fell. She had a point. If the wrong person saw me with her, she and everyone else could be put in danger. Of what? I don't know because I still don't know who Valentine is.

"Who is he again?"

"Valentine?"

"Duh."

Izzy stuck her tongue out at me. "Just have Jace explain it to you. He knows more about him than I do."

I let out a long groan. "Why can't someone just tell me why he's so important?"

"Well he has Clary's mother for one." Izzy shrugged, apathetically. Well this was news.

"Wait that's where her mom is? Why am I just finding out about this?"

"Because you're slow?"

I narrowed my eyes at her, but didn't say anything because let's face it, it was true. "Okay whatever, but what effect does him taking her mom have on me?"

"By the Ang– Thea we've been over this!" She threw her hands in the air. "He's the one that sent the Shadowhunters to Georgia! And let's not forget about the other night with the Forsaken. He's after you too."

"But whyyyyyyyyy? I don't even know the guy!"

"Yeah well he obviously knows about you." She snorted.

I narrowed my eyes at her before an idea popped into my head. "I'll be right back!" I yelled at the girl before throwing her door open and flying down the hall, in search of a certain brunet.

"Elias?" I called as I passed each room, making my way to the heart of the institute. "Eli!"

"Thea!" A familiar voice mimicked me and I internally groaned. What did he want? Actually, I didn't really want to find out so instead of stopping for him, I kept on my journey.

Although, my attempt to not see the asshole failed as a hand grabbed my wrist and I was spun around to come face to face with no other that Jace Wayland.

"Th–"

"What do you want, Jace?" I sighed, while ripping my arm out of his grasp.

His smiled didn't even falter at my attitude. "Well, Thea, if you must know, I would like a dog, a–"

"Jace!"

"Thea!"

I took in a deep breath, trying not to claw his eyes out. "Whatever, I'm going."

But before I could fully turn away, "I want to know why you're upset with me."

My head snapped back around to his and at the moment, all I was seeing was red. "Are you serious?"

He just stared at me. So I slapped him. Maybe, maybe, it would knock some since into that big head of his.

"Let me tell you why I'm mad, Jace." I snarled, taking a step towards him. He took a few steps back until his back was pushed into a wall and I was right in front of him. "Need I remind you of everything you said to me?"

I wanted to kill the blonde when his eyes darkened. He didn't get to be mad. He didn't get to be frustrated. Before I had a chance to tell him that, his hands were on my arms and the room spun util my back collided with the wall.

"Need I remind you of why I did it, Thea?" He spit my name with so much venom. And as pathetic as it was, it hurt. I hated being mad at him. I hated how complicated things were between us. And I hated, hated, him. Because I still had feelings for him somewhere even after everything that happened.

"Don't you dare say it was to protect me, you bastard." I seethed as I pounded against his rock-hard chest.

Jace only grabbed my wrists and pinned them to the wall, at my sides. "Fine. I won't say it."

"I hate you!" I yelled. "I hate you so Goddamn much, Jace Wayland."

The blonde had the decency to roll his eyes. "Tell me something I don't know, Thea."

"If you know it, then let me go." I snarled.

"Yeah, I can't do that." He shrugged. "See, I need you to get it through that thick skull of y–"

I scoffed, cutting him off. "Save your bullshit for someone who actually cares, asshole."

Jace only tilted his head back and looked up as if he were asking God for help. "Thea," he sighed, looking back at me. "What do you want me to say? What do I have to do to get you–"

"Jace, I don't want you to say anything! Trust me, what you said, yesterday was more than enough. I'm not just going to forgive you automatically when you literally said that you're toying with me and you called me a whore."

Jace raised an eyebrow. "When were you one to get offended so easily?"

"Ugh, I'm not mad because.."

What was I mad about? Jace had said some shit, but at the moment, he was right. When was I one to care what somebody thought? Especially him?

When you realised you had feelings for him?

Shut up, inner self.

"I'm not–" My brain knew what I wanted to say, but it wouldn't put it into words. "What you said Jace, I think you can go fuck yourself for it. And why were you trying to get me worked up in the first place?"

"Because you should really learn how to control your anger. I wanted to see how much you could take."

"And you should really learn to control your mouth. Or we're going to find out how much of me you can take." I ripped my arms out of his hold only to grab him and flip us around so he was against the wall. Pulling on his collar so he would bend down, I leant into him until my lips reached his ear. "Because if you ever push me that far again, mark my words, Jace Wayland, it'll be the last thing you ever do."

In a way, I was protecting him. What happened to me yesterday, when something else took over my body, that was dangerous. I don't know what Jace was doing, but whatever it was, he was playing with fire.

With that thought in mind, I gave him one last shove into the wall and continued to make my way to the kitchen.

*•*•*•*••*••*•*••*•*•*•*••*••*•*•*••*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

AN: TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!

~ Leeanna <3