XVI

I was starving. After my little encounter with Jace earlier, I finally found Elias and want did he want to do? Train.

I'd like to be able to say that I totally kicked his ass to in fact prove that I didn't need to train 25/8, but uh...I was on the ground three times in the first seven minutes. But in my defense, I hadn't eaten anything since... whenever I ate before that little quarrel in the training room. I couldn't bring myself too, but now I could eat a whole horse.

"Are you still making excuses for losing?" Elias teased as he poured himself a glass of water. The two of us were now in the massive kitchen– me seated at the bar while I forced him to make me food. It's the least he do for making me train.

"Elias?"

"Hm?" He asked without looking up from the omelet he started to make.

"I was kind of supposed to go back to Clary's room to help Izzy, so you'll be the one explaining why I didn't go back forty minutes ago."

I waited for him to turn around, curse, something because Izzy wasn't some to mess with. But he simply shrugged and nodded. "I know. Already told her."

My face fell a little. "Wha–"

"While you werr in the bathroom, she came storming down to the training area and nearly had a fit that I'd stolen," he used quotation fingers, "you away from h–"

"Um, because you did!"

"Did not–you agreed to train."

"Yeah after you literally dragged ass over there and threw the staff at me so I was forced to catch it if I didn't want it to hit me in the head!"

He flipped the omelet onto a plate and turned around to give it to me, a lazy grin on his lips. "That was enough of an invitation for me."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "That's like saying if a girl's wearing a knee length skirt or dress, that's an invitation to have sex with them or something."

Elias shook his head, a waggled a finger in my face. "No, no– see in that scene of events, it'd be Jace who took that as an invitation. Not me. I'm not the horny bastard of this Institute."

Maybe I would've laughed or at least smiled, had Jace not walked in at the very moment he said that. We held eye contact for a good five seconds before I looked away. God, why did I feel like the bad guy now? I hadn't done anything!

Instead of even alerting Elias of our guest, I simply looked down at the coffee mug in between my hands as I forced a small smile on my lips. "I'm pretty sure every guy out there is horny, so you can't say anything."

Elias didn't seem to see my change in mood so he simply waved me off, before leaning against the counter towards me.

"Are you gonna drink your coffee? It's getting cold."

I shook my head, passing it to him in which he gladly started drinking. My appetite was gone wether it be that Jace was watching me, or that he heard Elias call him that and I was about to agree, I don't know. Scooting the tall chair I was seated on backwards, I stood up and began making my way out of the kitchen.

"Thea?"

It was Eli who called me, but turned around to see both boys staring at me with a concerned expression. "You're leaving?"

I nodded my head and yawned. "I'm tired."

"And your food? I though you said you were sta–"

I'd already began walking away again when I said, "I'm not hungry."

✗✗✗✗

There was a knock on my door bot even twenty minutes after I'd closed it. "Come in!"

I was ready to throw a string of curses at Jace for bothering me, or maybe yell at Elias or Izzy or whoever had that much of a death wish to disturb my sleep. But I was speechless upon seeing Alec walk through the door with my omelet in his hand. It'd felt like forever since I'd last seen him.

He offered me a small smile as he made his way to sit on the edge of my bed. He stretched out his hand to give me my omelet. "Jace asked me to bring it to you. Said you'd rip his throat out if he did it himself."

"Damn right I would." I muttered, taking the plate out of his hand. "Thanks by the way."

"Don't mention it." he shrugged, standing up to leave.

I stopped him before he could open the door. "Alec?"

"Yeah?"

"Um...are you doing okay? I haven't seen you in a while.." This was more awkward than I thought it'd be.

He didn't turn, instead content on just shrugging, but I noticed some of the tension leave his body as he heaved a long sigh.

And then he was gone.

I shrugged, leaning back into my pillows as I stared at the beautiful master piece that was Eli's omelet which was now in front of me. I really hoped it was good because my hunger had returned.

I lifted it, but as I was about to take a bite, I noticed something on the plate– a note. I swear to God, if it's something from Jace, I'll kill..

                                 Thea,

I wish I could say that Elias's omelets suck ass, but that would be one of the biggest lies to ever be told. So eat it. You need to eat something.

- JW

I took one good look at the omelet again. He probably spit in–

And no, I didn't spit in it.

Another knock on my door.

"What?" I yelled, still staring at the note.

"You ready to help us yet?"

I looked up as Izzy's voice floated through the cracks in the door and then looked at my plate.

"Give me one minute!"

It was damn omelet I've ever had.

HEYO PEOPLE! So I'm finally getting my story setting together again, thank goodness! Anyway, sorry it took me so long to update, I've been really busy with school :((

But thank you to everyone who is still reading and bearing with me, I love you guys <3 AND ALSO 1000 READS?? I honestly didn't think I was even going to keep writing this when I reached like... chapter 2 lol. But again, thank you to everyone who's stuck with it!

Don't forget to comment what you think!! And maybe vote toooo :D

~ Leeanna <3