XIV

"Hey, there's my girl." Even Elias didn't make me smile as I made my way into the training room. "Why the sad face?"

I looked at him with an 'I've lost my will to live kill me now' face.

He chuckled and made his way over to me. "If it's Jace-"

I elbowed him in the rib and huffed in annoyance.

"-Okay so it is Jace. Don't let him get to you. You're a badass fire-bender who has a lot more to focus on than boy problems. You're too good for him anyway, girl."

I could help but smile a little as he put an arm around my shoulder and lead us to the weapons area. "Elias? Two questions."

"Shoot."

"First of all, did you just refer to The Last Airbender?"

"Well you can't say anything since you obviously know what it is." He pointed out.

"Touché. Now my second question; are you gay?"

He quietly cursed me to hell. "Why would you ask that?"

"So you're just very feminine?"

He scoffed. "Um..no. I'm just very likable."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say, big shot."

"Training?"

"I'd love to kick your ass."

✗✗✗✗

I was once again pushed against the wall with a an imitation of a Seraph Blade pointed at the base of my throat.

"That's your third loss, sunshine. What was that about kicking my ass?"

I huffed, glaring at him. "A girl can dream." I muttered.

"You should know by now that dreams aren't reality." He smirked.

"You would be one to know since you still haven't gotten in her pants."

Both Elias and I turned to Jace who was shooting daggers at the boy with the fake weapon to my neck. I scowled.

"Unlike you," Elias withdrew the weapon and held it at his side with a challenging look in his eyes as he met Jace's glare with his own. "I only wish to be friends with her. I know for sure that you want more than that."

I gulped as Jace clenched his jaw and took a step towards us. "What makes you think that?" he arched an eyebrow, sparing me a glance.

"Oh please, Jace." Elias smirked. He knew what he was doing. Evil and manipulative. I had a feeling our friendship was going to last for quite some time. "Everyone knows you sleep around. You try to get with every girl you lay your eyes on."

Jace's eyes darkened. "I what? " He spoke through his teeth. "Don't even think about calling me a-"

"Then look me in the eye and tell me you don't lust after Thea." Elias snorted. "She's honestly probably the prettiest you've laid your eyes on-"

Wow. Okay. Um that was such a lie but okay. Elias, honey, get your eyes checked. Maybe he really was gay.

"- So tell me you're not chasing after her. I said it before and I'll say it again. You're already messing with Clary. Chose one and stick with her before you hurt both of them." Elias sneered.