XXI

"What do you mean Elias is in danger?" Izzy questioned, her tone more defensive than usual as she bit into the waffles Eli had made us for breakfast.

I sighed. "I don't think you get it. All of you are in danger."

"We're always in danger." Magnus piped up. He was hanging around the institute with Alec today. "It's really nothing new, Thea. Especially with Valentine."

I glowered at him. "No, you guys don't understand! My father is worse than Valentine."

Alec and Izzy shared a look before cracking up. "Seriously Thea, we know you might think he's scary–"

"He killed his own daughters and wife and has been hunting me ever since."

You could hear a pin drop.

Brilliant.

"Are we all on the same page now?" I looked around at the shocked faces of my friends. "Sorry, I know that was just put out there so nonchalantly, but we have more important matters to discuss at the moment."

No one replied.

"I'm going back to Hotel Dumo–"

"Like hell you are." Jace cut me off. "Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

I scowled at him. "I'm trying to find answers."

"Then I'll go find answers, you can stay here and stay safe."

We were both standing by now, almost chest to chest. "No you will not. You and Clary have her drama to deal with. If I recall, you were supposed to be heading to the City of Bones today?"

Clary's shoulders slugged. "She's right Jace. We need these answers, and we can come back to her later."

I nodded, agreeing with the redhead. "You guys might find something useful."

Jace didn't say a word, still glaring at me with everything he could muster.

"Jace, what's your problem with it?"

With just a small step, he was right in front of me, holding me by the shoulders. His smoldering eyes calculated my face, his jaw ticking. "I don't have a problem with going with Clary, in fact I think that's my main priority at the moment. But by the Angel, Thea, if you leave this damned institute and put yourself in danger, I swear I'll–"

"You'll what?" I snarled, willing my eyes to change. Controlling it was getting easier.

Jace didn't back down, but he didn't reply. Smirking, I shouldered past him. "That's what I thought."

OKAY GUYS I KNOW IT'S REALLY SHORT but I'ma start writing them like this now so y'all can at least have something but it just won't be as long

OKAY GUYS I KNOW IT'S REALLY SHORT but I'ma start writing them like this now so y'all can at least have something but it just won't be as long. I can also update more with writing them this length.

I'M REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ReAllY SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT PLEASE FOGIVE MEH.

Anyway, I'll be editing previous paragraphs like right now so if you see them republished, that's why. :)

Thank's for being so patient with me loves,

~Leeanna <3