Hot chocolate and Snow angels

Lila looked out the window at the wonderland the snow had created. The roofs of houses looked as if someone had sprinkled icing sugar on them as the snow glistened in the weak sunlight.

Lila had never had never seen Snow up close before, which was weird she thought as she had travelled many places in the world for her parents work but it had never snowed much to Lila's dismay.

She remembered when she was younger and watching Christmas movies with her family by the light of a roaring fire and wishing she could play in the snow like the children in the movies did.

Lila felt excitement build inside her as she grinned wildly, she felt like a little kid again. Then a thought came to her 'I can't play in it alone...I'll get Nathanael!'

She rushed down the stairs not bothering to take them one at a time, which resulted in her nearly falling flat on face only she caught onto the banister in time.

Then she quickly grabbed her red coat from the rack pulling it on and buttoning it up by its three black buttons. And then hastily stuffing her feet into her brown winter boots.

She put her hand on the door handle and was just about to open the door when she heard her name called. She turned around to see her mother, Rosetta Rossi, Her mum looked quite like her except she had warm brown eyes and her hair was cut in a short bob cut.

"Where are you off to in such a rush?" Rosetta asked. "There's snow!" Lila exclaimed, Too excited to make sense.

"So there is...I suspect you're going to get Nathanael" Her mother smiled. Lila nodded turning around to head out the door.

"Lila" Her mother called again. "What?" Lila asked with a glare, she wanted to get out to the snow. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

When Lila gave her a confused look her mother sighed "Go put some gloves and a scarf on"

"I don't need to!" Lila grumbled. Her mother gave her one of her icy glares, Lila lived in fear of that glare.

"I'm going, I'm going!" She shouted as she bounded back up the stairs to her room. 'Now where did I put them' she quickly looked inside a drawer and to her relief found them she grabbed the black gloves and red scarf. Putting them on quickly, she was wasting precious time!

She ran back down the stairs "Bye" she shouted, opening the door to be greeted by cold winter air making her cheeks turn red.

Soon she was rushing out the door slamming it shut behind her and was off down the path before her mother could stop her again.

...

Lila arrived at Nathanael's house and knocked on the door. Nathanael answered and smiled when he saw it was Lila.

"Hi, Lila" Nathanael said. "Come on!" Lila exclaimed gesturing outside.

"Come where?" Nathanael asked "There's snow! Get your coat!" Lila said

"Okay! Come in its cold out there" Nathanael said. Lila came into the house "So is your mum at work?" she asked. "Huh... oh yeah but she has next week off for winter holidays" Nathanael said as he grabbed his dark blue coat, putting it on and zipping it up.

"That's good" Lila smiled "Now come on! I don't want to miss the snow!" Lila said. Nathanael chuckled "You'd think you hadn't seen the snow before!"

"I haven't" Lila said "Really!" Nathanael said, eyes wide in shock. Lila shook her head and looked at the ground shyly a blush on her cheeks "What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing's wrong with that...why did you think there was" Nathanael said "I thought you found it silly" Lila said

Nathanael laughed "You're adorable" Lila blushed "Shut up...Now go put on a scarf and some gloves!"