Draw Me

Nathanael walked the school corridors his eyes focused on his sketchbook in his hands as he added final details to the sketch.

He zigzagged through the crowd of students as he made his way to his next class.

Maths.

He hated it. He could never understand what the teacher was writing on the board. It was like a foreign language to him all those numbers. He would stare at his page full of equations and wish for an answer to come. No matter how hard he tried he never could get the right answer, the numbers seemed to stand out on the page teasing him.

Even when the teacher called on him for an answer his brain seemed to freeze unable to work. This resulted in embarrassment.

He shook his head out of his thoughts of Malicious Maths and instead refocused back on the sketch he was working on.

He had heard Alix say that Mrs Gillen was off on a course today. He hoped she was right he was not in the mood for Maths work last hour.

Nathanael was turning around a corner, eyes still trained on the book when he ran into someone. His sketchbook fell out of his hands and landed open on the floor some loose pages falling out.

The person he had stumbled into took a few shocked steps back, steadying herself from falling over.

Nathanael also stumbled back only he wasn't the best at not being a clutz. So he tripped over himself and landed on the floor. He winced a little at the pain from hitting the floor.

"Are you okay?" The person asked worry in their charming voice.

Nathanael froze, he knew that voice. He gulped as his face heated up. He looked up and just as he expected looking down at him with concerned green eyes was his crush, Lila Rossi.

"Nathanael?" She said, tilting her head a little worried that he hadn't answered.

"Um Y-yeah I'm t-totally fine," he said with a nervous laugh.

Lila gave a small smile and held out her hand "here let me help you up"

Nathanael's cheeks became a dark pink as he slowly reached out a hand and placed it in Lila's. She helped him up.

"S-sorry abo...about b-bumping into yo-you" Nathanael stuttered out as he looked at the ground in embarrassment.

It just had to be his crush. Nothing ever seemed to go right for him. 'Now Lila's gonna think me a loser...if she doesn't already' he thought to himself.

"No worries," Lila said as she gave a gentle smile to Nathanael. Then she noticed his sketchbook lying on the floor loose pages littered across the floor. She gasped.

"Oh no your sketchbook!" She said as she quickly bent down and gathered up the pages putting them carefully back in the book.

Nathanael gasped eyes widening in worry. Lila had his sketchbook. She could see his artwork. He never showed anyone his work too afraid of being judged and made fun of. He didn't want people to take away his love of art from him.

Lila looked at the few sketches she could see on the page lying open. Her eyes sparkled with wonder.

"Wow, Nathanael-" before she could say anymore Nathanael cut her off.

"They're awful I know," he said.

Lila looked up in shock her forest green eyes locking with his ocean blue eye, as the other was hiding under his thick red hair.

"I was actually going to say that they were amazing...the amount of detail...it's just...you can definitely see you put so much hardwork and love into these drawings...there just wonderful!" Lila said.

Nathanael stared at her, eyes widened in shock and a blush creeping into his cheeks. "Really...you honestly think that?"

Lila looked at him and then quickly at the ground "I'm not lying...I meant it" she said hurt could be heard in her voice.

Nathanael gasped "no I didn't mean that...I believe you, I'm sorry"

Lila looked up and smiled "I'm glad then" she held out his sketchbook "here," she said.

Nathanael reached out taking the sketchbook. His fingertips brushing against Lila's. His face became hotter as blush became an obvious red that spread across his face.

He clutched the sketchbook to his chest and looked at the ground before looking back up at Lila.

Lila blushed. She was sure Nathanael did that on purpose acting all cute like that. There was no way anyone could resist getting a crush on a boy that cute.

She smirked as an idea came to her. She had never been one to just ask her crush on a date straight away. No that was too easy and Lila didn't do easily instead she would tease him a little. He looked far too cute when his face blossomed into a blush and his eyes became more vibrant against the red of his cheeks and hair.

Lila walked closer to Nathanael.

"Hey, Nathanael"

He looked up and saw how close she was standing to him. He had no idea his face could become any hotter but it did. She was so close he could smell the sweet cinnamon smell wafting off her person.

"Y-yes"

He quickly glanced down at his feet. He could feel her gaze on him but he refused to look up it was dangerous to get lost in her pretty green eyes right now

Lila smirked and placed her hands softly on his face, cupping his chin she gently pushed his head up so he was looking directly at her.

The blush on his face grew. Nathanael felt like a furious fire was on his face as he stared up at her gorgeous green eyes. He felt like his legs were turning to jelly.

"Seeing as your so good at art...why don't you draw me sometime," Lila said. A tiny blush was on her face.

Their faces were just inches apart, Nathanael hoped he wouldn't faint.

"Uh...S-sure…" Nathanael said quietly.

Lila smiled and then she realised that the poor boy looked like he was going to melt into a puddle at any moment.

'Maybe I should have dialled it back a bit' she thought as she slowly stepped away, her hands gently stroking against Nathanael's face.

She giggled "Sorry Nathanael…" she paused before continuing "I didn't mean to be so forward, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable"

Nathanael swallowed hard as he tried to bring himself out of his daze, she had been so close. He ran a hand through his long bang of red hair, revealing another ocean blue eye before it was hidden again by the curtain of scarlet hair.

"No, no it's okay…" he trailed off just as the bell rang telling students that they should be in a class by now.

Lila smiled "looks like we're late to our classes" She began walking on to class passing slowly by Nathanael. She walked a few more steps before stopping and turning her head to look at Nathanael.

"Oh Nathanael," she called sweetly.

Nathanael turned around to look at her.

"I can't wait to see your drawing of me," she said with a wink.

Nathanael felt his blush slowly coming back.

She smiled before turning on her heel and walking on to class. The click of her heels echoing around the quiet corridor.

Nathanael placed a hand on his chest, feeling his rushing heartbeat as it 'ba-dump' against his bones. He knew right then that having a crush on Lila Rossi was dangerous but some reason he liked the thrill of it.

He felt a small smirk appear on his face as he made his way to class. He flipped open his sketchbook to a clean page. Ideas swirling in his head. He had a drawing to create and it had to be perfect.

A/N: This is based on artwork by evieva